Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
November 28, 2018
There are some words that are important in AA. They are "Come", "Come To" and "Come To Believe".
Come to the meetings, Come To into your right mind then Come To Believe in the program.
But the words are important in other times of life. For example: years ago I served on the Board of Directors of a hospital in Colorado and thus had access to the E.R and even the O.R once. There was a lady in my congregation whose husband was not a believer. He had a bad heart attack one morning and was rushed to the E.R. When I got there, they were just getting ready to put the paddles on. When they did, I was standing looking down at his head and praying for him. I did not wear a collar, because I did not want to scare him, for he was a lapsed Catholic, thinking I was there for Last Rights. He had "Come" to the hospital. Later he "Came To" and what a great smile on his face when he saw me again, and later, he "Came To Believe" .
There is a similar use of those words in the Good Book, note: Luke, 15:11
Bless Somebody Today,
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—1st Wednesday of each month—6:00p.m.
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile