Sunset Valley Elementary 1/18/19
- Be safe with the weather this weekend!
- Snow Day - Due to the Snow Day on Monday, January 14th, the last day of school is now Wednesday, May 22, 2019. It will be an early release day and will not be a late-start Wednesday.
- SVE student, Owen, is the featured student for local company Charlie Hustle and the new Special Olympics T-shirts!! The purchase of the new Special Olympics T-Shirts will support Owen and our local Special Olympics Programs!!
- The kids tell me there is a Chiefs game Sunday.... :-) GO CHIEFS!!!!
- There is no school, Monday, January 21. Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr!
Hour of Power Mentoring Program
Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is pleased to launch our new hOur Power mentoring program. We have the collective power to impact the lives of our students and we are excited to open another avenue for bringing the community into our schools. The launch of this partnership will allow mentors to spend up to an hour a week supporting our students. The hOur Power program has been designed to engage, inspire and connect caring and talented individuals in our community through a variety of mentoring and volunteer opportunities that positively influence the academic success of Lee’s Summit R-7 students.
The steps to becoming an hOur Power mentor for interested individuals are listed below.
- Complete an hOur Power application online at lsr7.net
- Complete R-7 background check requirements
- Attend a mentor training session
- Get matched with a R-7 student
- Mentoring commences
For more information about hOur Power or to start the application process to become a mentor in our school district, visit our district website: https://www3.lsr7.org/hour-power/. We look forward to welcoming our community into our schools to see first-hand the collective power of community supporting our students through mentoring. Thank you for your help in making this program a success!