SAFETY TIP TUESDAY- NCESD
Provided by the North Central ESD Workers Compensation Trust
MAY THROUGH SEPTEMBER
HEAT ILLNESS PREVENTION
May is the start of L & I’s Outdoor Heat Exposure rule. It applies to outdoor work environments every year between May 1 and September 30.
*Remember this rule below*
89+ degrees/ 15 minutes+/ DRINK WATER
Anytime you are out in 89+ degree weather for 15 minutes or more (not even Consecutive!) you should drink water to stay hydrated.
Hot Weather is Coming!!
Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan Counties for the next 10 day forecast will get into the mid 70’s. Grant County could get into the high 70’s (weather.com).
Stay up to date on the weather and always plan accordingly if working outside-
- Start the day well hydrated, drink a cup of water every 15 minutes while outside.
- Build tolerance for hot conditions by gradual exposure.
- No heavy meals and avoid caffeine.
- Wear cool, comfortable and breathable clothing.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!