All Summer school information and resources will be available here as it is available.
Young Poet Contest - Winning Entries! Congrats!
Michigan PEBT Information for NW Students
P-EBT is a program initiated and managed by Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
It provides supplemental food assistance benefits to students who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of the program is to make sure no child goes hungry by missing out on school meals.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Michigan Department of Education (MDE) partnered during the 2019-2020 school year to provide these critical benefits to over 900,000 students. We are excited to be partnering again for the 2020-2021 school year to provide these benefits to students to help reduce food insecurity.
- Northwest Community Schools has submitted the required survey to the State of Michigan regarding all student eligibility.
- Please CLICK HERE for more parent information and Q&A and to obtain a reconsideration form. Reconsideration forms can be turned into each building office to recieve district confirmation.
- Please ensure that your students address is correct via your Parent PowerSchool portal to ensure that your students receive these benefits.
Click this button for a list of job opportunities at NWCS.
Current Mountie Fundraisers
In order to stream live from a mobile platform on YouTube, our NW Media YouTube channel must have 1000 subscribers!! Help us get to this goal to bring you more Mountie Events live!!!
NWCS COVID-19 Reporting Tool
Please keep your student home and report on our NWCS Reporting Tool if your student is awaiting COVID-19 test results, tested positive, or has had direct contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
PowerSchool Parent Portal- REQUIRED
PowerSchool is the NWCS Student Information System.
- All NWCS Parents are required to create their own PowerSchool accounts for information on their students. CLICK HERE for more details on how to create your parent portal account.
- Multiple students can be linked to one parent account.
- One time account creation as long as your student is a at NWCS.
- NWCS is always looking for ways to utilize technology to be more efficient and consistent. IT IS NOW REQUIRED FOR PARENTS TO CREATE THIS ACCOUNT.
In the PowerSchool parent portal, parents/guardians can:
- Make changes and updates to student contact information.
- View student grades, attendance and schedules, including teacher assignments at the beginning of the school year for elementary students.
- View fees and account balance information for students.
- Building information including phone numbers and teacher emails.
PowerSchool information can only be viewed not updated from the NWCS Mobile app if you are signed into the the Student Information Icon with your parent login.
- The login for the mobile app is different than the PowerSchool Portal. CLICK HERE for information on how to obtain your NWCS Mobile app login information.
- If you need to make changes to your student's account, you MUST have a PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
IMPORTANT DAMAGED DEVICE and INSURANCE INFORMATION
Click this button to view the NW District Calendar on our website.
SFE TO GO- Meal Kits for NWCS Virtual Families
REMINDER - RESERVE YOUR MEALs TODAY!
NW/SFE Foodservice is offering Meal Kits for the upcoming week to all NWCS virtual families. These kits include 5 breakfast and lunches for students.
- Meals made from scratch.
- Available to all NWCS Virtual Families
- If you sign up, please remember to PICK UP
Now offering meals to F2F students on Virtual Wednesday!!! Sign up via the meal reservation form.
If you have questions, please email Shayna Casey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WE HAVE OPENINGS!!!
WE HAVE OPENINGS. Northwest Preschool & Childcare forms are conveniently available on our nwschools.org page. Just click the link below and it will take you to NWPCC to find more information as well as register your child for our programs or to get on our waiting list for Infant/Toddler Care. We also have openings for school age children while the District is currently all virtual. We have staff to help school age kids with their school work while they are in childcare. There is also a link for online payment for your convenience.If you are interested in a school visit contact us 517-817-4741, It is by appointment only.
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ON THE READINESS PROGRAM
Good Morning NWEE,
Many of our students do not have the technology/chargers for our virtual week of learning next week. Staff will be handing these items out at the NWEE Main Entrance at the below times.
Monday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
I am sorry for this inconvenience. This year has thrown us many curveballs and I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
I will see you soon and stay safe,
8th Grade Testing Information
8th Grade Parents: On March 24th, an email was sent to you from KMS with your 8th grader's PSAT information. Please make sure you have that marked on your calendar:
F2F kids test on April 13
MVP kids test at KMS on Wednesday, April 14 8AM - 11AM (bussing is available for those who need it. Click HERE if you haven't already requested transportation for your MVP 8th grader to get to KMS for their PSAT testing.
Class of 2025!
Did you miss the 8th Grade Transition Webinar? No worries, click the link below to view the webinar and more information for the Class of 2025!
NWKMS STUDY LABS
Virtual Study Lab runs from 2:30 -3:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays via the link below. Students do NOT need to be signed up. They can join by clicking the link during the designated times.
IMPORTANT: Please update your Virtual Study Lab links in your Schoology Advisory courses. Here is the new link:
F2F Study Lab runs from 2:30 - 3:20 pm in the media center on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For those who ask about signing up for F2F Study Lab, here is the link to the form that parents must complete in order for students to attend.
Follow us on Facebook
COVID-19 Student Vaccination
Student Vaccination sign up through Henry Ford Allegiance Health has been extended.
NWCS has received notification from HFAH that they will be offering more opportunities for NWCS students to get the COVID-19 vaccination.
Students must be 16 years old to receive the vaccine.
If interested, please CLICK HERE to sign your student up.
NWCS will not be scheduling the appointments. Parents will receive a phone call from HFAH who will be scheduling your students appointments.
Each year we showcase our seniors as they begin the process of planning for life beyond high school.
We like to recognize all of the options our seniors have spent time exploring and applying for, including colleges, universities, trade schools, military, and the workforce.
All of this planning and showcasing eventually leads up to Decision Day, an event where students are honored for declaring their post high school plan in front of their friends and family.
CLICK HERE or on the image to view the current senior showcase.
Virtual Career Exploration Event
Description: Virtual Career Exploration Event
When: April 22, 2021; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
40 employer exhibitor booths; over 100 careers showcased.
Available to all students and career searchers!
Register here: https://www.mwse.org/micareerquest/
Click the image below for information on the NWHS Virtual Library!
NWHS STUDY LAB
College and Career Readiness Information Center
Click the button above and check your Schoology Class website for updates on College and Career Readiness Information!
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Information on the SME Education Foundation
- Yearly Checklists to make sure you are on the right track
- Job listings and Summer Programs