6 Traits Of Writing
Effective writing has a clear beginning , middle, and ending.
- Topic sentence (green)
- Main ideas with transitions (yellow)
- Details/ tell me more sentences (red)
- Conclusion (green)
Good writing contains strong words, including specific nouns and verbs.
- Use specific nouns and verbs
- use exiting adverbs and adjectives
- use a thesourus
Effective writing flows smoothly from one sentence to the next.
- combine short choppy sentences to longer smoother ones
- use a variety of sentence beginnings and lengths
- use simple compound, and and complex sentences
Six Traits Of Writing Model - A Review
Good writing is carefully edited to make sure it is easy to understand.
- use evaluation sheet to revise
- edit using COPS
- core 4 topic sentences
- details/tell me more sentences(red)
- conclusion sentences (green)
- color scheme-/green/yellow/red
- main ideas (green)