James Hart School Student Update
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Hello from Ms. Johnson!
Can you believe it is the end of the fourth week of school? I having been sending updates to parents but I decided I wanted to start sending one out to our amazing students at James Hart. That's you! So thank you for checking your email and clicking on this link.
The school year did not start the way we had planned, but thank you for your efforts with remote learning. We still want you to learn and achieve even if it is on Zoom!
This update has some information, reminders, and most importantly a survey so you can give us feedback on remote learning and your ideas for some fun activities we can do as a school.
Friday, September 25, 2020 -Remote Planning Day (No school for students)
Monday, September 28, 2020-Yom Kippur (No school for students)
Monday, October 12, 2020-Indigenous Peoples' Day (No school for students)
Thank you for being an amazing student at James Hart School! We are in this together!
James Hart Principal
Please complete this quick survey to gives us feedback about Remote Learning! Please click the box for the survey link.
Have you seen the James Hart Virtual Open House? There are links for all of the teachers and their bitmoji image. Click the box above for the link.
1) Students must have their first name and the first initial of their last name listed in order to be admitted to class.
2) Students must also have their cameras on when they enter the class. This is a safety issue due to people disrupting our classes that do not attend James Hart School.
3) Students should have their cameras on during the delivery of instruction. If there is an issue or concern, please send an email or message to the teacher.
4) Virtual backgrounds must be appropriate and should not be distracting or include pictures of people.
5) The student who is in the class should be the only person visible on the Zoom screen for class.
6) Students should not share login credentials. Sharing of login information violates other students’ and teachers’ rights to confidentiality and could allow class participation by unauthorized persons and/or lead to disruptive behaviors that detract from a productive and positive learning environment.
7) Email is a great way for students and parents to communicate with teachers.
8) If you have questions, trouble getting into Teams, or technology issues, please call the main office or submit a Parent Tech Ticket.
What is Panther Time?
- It's a time in the day where teachers can see students to get help with classes.
When will Panther Time take place?
- For 6th grade-8th period - During remote learning
- For 7th and 8th grade-7th period-During Remote learning
- Teachers will email and tell the students to report to their Panther Time
- Students are REQUIRED to report to that teacher during
What if you are not asked to join a Panther Time?
- Students will have an independent study period.
- Students can email or join Panther Time links as needed to ask teachers questions
- BCO students will report to full rehearsals as scheduled
- Guided study students should report to their guided study
Where are links for Panther time?
- Students can find the links in TEAMS
- Panther Time Zoom link will be under the ZOOM link channel of all class periods