August 17, 2018
A WORD TO THE WISE...
*BOOSTERTHON - Check the section to learn more about upcoming activities with Boosterthon!
*CAR RIDER DUTY - We will hopefully begin moving car rider a bit quicker next week. If each grade level will send just ONE extra person after they finish their duty daily to help, that would be great! I hate to say we have too much help up front, but tis true! So if you can send just one extra person per day, that would be great!
*#SELFIE - If you haven't completed your #selfie with some fact about you and have it posted outside your door. Make that a priority so that we can learn about each other. Take time to read those as you walk the hallways. I'm learning all kinds of great things about people..who knew Samantha used to play the flute.
* PLANNING WEDNESDAY - Planning on Wednesdays will start this week. When you go to planning, you should have your scope and sequence and reading/writing UoS book you are currently using.
* ESTAR NOTIFICATIONS - As you receive notification of accommodations through ESTAR, please make sure you electronically sign that you received them, print a copy of the accommodations and ensure that you are familiar with them for each child. If you have forgotten your password, there is an option to reset it. Kara is working on them as quickly as she can,
* CANVAS TRAINING - Our new technology coach will be here on Thursday, August 30 to meet with teams and get your Canvas pages up and running.
*CTT and Active start will begin the week of August 27. The schedule for that will be:
Monday - fourth, Tuesday - Kinder, Wednesday - First, Thursday - Second, Friday - Third.
*TEAM HUDDLES will start the same week promptly at 7:30 and the two week rotation for the first go round will be:
27 - Kinder, 28 - First, 29 - Second, 30 - Third, 31 - Fourth, Sept. 4 - Specials, 5 - SPED
*JEANS - It is still acceptable to wear jeans on Mondays with tennis shoes even though we don't have our staff shirts. Wear an older staff shirt, a team shirt or something nice. Once they arrive, you will need to switch to those shirts only on Mondays.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Wednesday - Boosterthon Kick-Off - see times below
8:45 - 9:15 - PK, K, 1st and 2nd grades
9:30 - 10:00 - 3rd and 4th grades
It will be a tight fit for the PK, K, 1, 2 but we will make it work!
Teacher Meeting with Boosterthon:
There will be a brief meeting on Monday after school with the Boosterthon folks. I have asked that they keep it short and review just the facts! They always provide snacks so...
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
August 30 - Canvas training during planning times
September 5 - Education Galaxy training at 3:45 in library
September 10 - Mentor Sentences
October 9 - Words Their Way
November 12 - Rubrics
Points to Ponder:
1. What specific T-Tess goal do you want to work on this year? I am asking you for just one right now. Be specific. We will talk a little more in detail on Monday, but this year it needs to be more driven toward your own personal growth.
2. Are you ready for Day 1-3? Have you touched based with all your "missing" students and let Virginia know if you have confirmation on movers?
3. What are you going to do to keep the positive momentum going?
Seed for Growth
3rd Grade Team - Thanks for being so easy to work with. - Missy
Jeanie Wyatt - Thanks for getting my computer all up and running! - Missy
Missy G - For being the team exterminator! - Macy
Elsy, Angel, and Pako - Thanks for all the assistance with WMLS testing! - Virginia and Kara
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
17 - First annual social
20 - Boosterthon Teacher meeting
22 - Boosterthon Fun Run Kick Off
27 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Canvas training during planning times
31 - Math Review Quiz/Boosterthon Fun Run
3 - LABOR DAY HOLIDAY!!!
4 - Team Leader Meeting
7 - Poster Method
10 - Kathy Wolff's birthday
10- Academic Conference - Noon
11 - PTO Spirit Night -
12 - Tami at Principals' Meeting
14 - Math Review Quiz
16 - Elsy DelSalto's birthday
17 - Core Team Meeting
19 - Read for a Better Life
20 - Parent Information Night
21 - Poster Method
23 - Laverne Baugus and Missy Giammatteo's birthdays
24 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Kathy Farris' birthday
27 - Kathie G, Michelle A, and Monique J's birthdays
28 - Math Review Quiz