What's Going on at School This Week - March 11 - 15
Calendar of Events
No Java this month - see you in April!
Tuesday, March 12
6:30 pm - Library
Parent - Teacher Conferences
March 13 - 15 - No School
3rd Grade Student Store Open
March 19 - 21
Before and After School and at Lunch - Main Hall
Spring Spirit Week - Dress Up Days
March 19 - 22
3rd and 4th Grade Fine Arts Night
Tuesday, March 19
6:30 - 7:30 pm - Gym
March 25 - 29
JPAT Meeting - Tuesday, March 12
Jog A Thon Donation Collections
The running is over, so now is the time to send in those Jogathon donations. Many families have sent them in already, and we really appreciate those who have done so.
Jogathon is the biggest fundraiser of the year at Jefferson Elementary, and helps fund things like the Jag Band, the upcoming 5th Grade Musical, Field Trips, various Jefferson Clubs, the Library and much more.
If you haven't had a chance to collect and send in those pledges, take a few moments now to do so. Even a few dollars will help make a difference.
Your Jogathon Team
Weather Make-up Days Announced
- June 14 will be a regular early release for elementary and middle schools, it will not be an early release for high schools.
- June 17 and 18 will be used as make-up days. (June 7 High School Graduation remains the same)
- June 18 will be the last day of school with extra-early release (2-hour early release) for all grades.
Helping Hands Food Drive
The Helping Hands Club is organizing and carrying out a food drive at Jefferson!
If you have some extra money, we would love it if you could donate some canned, non-perishable food or personal hygiene supplies. It will go to the Corvallis Welcome Center, who will hand it out to needy families.
Bring the food and/or personal hygiene supplies to Jefferson between March 5 and March 15.
Thanks for helping our community! ️
Student Transfer Requests
Corvallis Resident Transfer Window is March 1 - 31
Transfers for students living in the Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process March 1 - 31, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Families of kindergartners requesting transfers are required to register at their neighborhood schools by March 31.
- On April 1, transfer requests from students living in the Corvallis boundary areas will be processed through a lottery system (NOT first come-first served) with preference given to families who have siblings already in attendance at the requested school or to families of students enrolled in the Dual Language track.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by April 15 unless an extension is needed.
Non-resident Student Transfer Window is April 15 - May 3
Transfers for students living outside Corvallis boundary areas may be requested through an online process on April 15.
- On April 15, openings will be announced and a second application window will open for non-resident transfer applications.
- The non-resident online application will be open until May 3.
- Parents and guardians will be notified regarding offers of enrollment or placement on established wait lists by May 17 unless an extension is needed.
Please visit the Student Transfers page for more details about the transfer request process.
What I Am Reading this Week
Parent Volunteers and Field Trips
About This Newsletter...
You are receiving the Jaguar Times (our weekly newsletter) because your email is the #1 contact on your child's Student Information Sheet. If you would like to add a different email or a second email to this listserv, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with that email address so it can be added for future Jaguar Times.
Jefferson Elementary School
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding discrimination: Jennifer Duvall, Human Resources Director and Title IX Coordinator, email@example.com 541-757-5840 | 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333