Trix Family News
Week of May 16, 2022
Message from Principal Perkins (23 Instructional Days Left in Quarter 4)
Happy Sunday Family!
What a beautiful weekend!! I hope the scholars got out and enjoyed the sun this weekend. Let's encourage our scholars to get off their electronic devices and ride their bikes, play in the sun, and just be kids.
We are now starting our NWEA testing. As with MSTEP we are asking families to be mindful of scholar attendance. It is very important for scholars to be in attendance for testing. Please review the tips below to ensure your scholars are ready for testing.
Testing Tips for Parents
1. Make sure your child gets plenty of rest the night before the test.
2. On the morning of the test, your child needs to get up in plenty of time so he/she won't feel rushed.
3. Feed your child a good breakfast. Research shows that children do better on tests if they have had a good breakfast. (Trix Academy Breakfast runs from 8:05am-8:25am)
4. Do as much as you can to make your child feel comfortable. Try not to say things to make him/her feel more nervous.
5. Reassure your child that no matter the outcome of the test you will still love him/her. Encourage them to simply do their best.
6. Take an active role in your child's education throughout the school year. Let your child know you are interested in his/her learning by taking part in the entire process.
7. Give your child praise even if he or she didn't do well on the test.
Lastly, Summer Advantage begins in June and spaces are going fast. We have 14 spaces left so if you want your scholar to participate, please sign up. If you have signed up your scholar for Summer Advantage please attend the parent virtual meeting on Tuesday, May 17th at 4:30. The link is below:
Let's make it a wonderful week!!!
Ms. L. Perkins, M.Ed
"Parents are the ultimate role model for children. Every word, movement, and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than a parent." - Bob Keeshan
Spring Assessment Schedule Week of May 16th
Monday May 16th - May 20th MSTEP Make Up Assessments (Window Closes May 20th)
NWEA Assessments Begin (ELA Testing)
Monday, May 16th 1st Grade
Tuesday, May 17th Kindergarten and 2nd Grade
Wednesday, May 18th 3rd Grade - 5th Grade
Thursday, May 19th 6th - 8th Grade
Friday, May 20th K-8th Make Ups
87% of spots have been filled. Do not miss out only 14 spots left for this summer.
Climate and Culture
Climate & Culture
- Scholars can wear school uniform style shorts until the end of the school year
- NO sandals, open toed shoes or crocs allowed(for safety reasons)
- Scholars must be in attendance daily
- Please make sure you pick scholars up on time at dismissal
Kickboard Store Friday, May 20th
77% Average Daily Attendance the week of May 9th - May 13th DAILY GOAL 95%
What's Happening At Trix Academy???
Upcoming May Dates
May 17th NWEA Testing Begins
May 18th Kindergarten - 1st Grade Belle Isle Nature Center
May 25th Kindergarten Round Up
May 27th-May 30th Memorial Day Weekend No School
May 31st School Resumes
Attention 8th Grade Parents (Male Mentorship Opportunity)
Deadline is June 1, 2022.
Observe the opportunity for children to launch their very own startup business PLUS shop Made In Michigan vendor booths for a family fun day of shopping, activties and outdoor fun!
Construction careers showcase for young Detroit students emphasizing Engineering & skilled trades. New location! Durfee Innovation Society
Staff Email Addresses
Luvenia Perkins, Principal - email@example.com
Sheilene Smith, Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyresha Robinson, Student Enrollment Coordinator - email@example.com
Kenyatta Manley, Office Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Hayes, Culture Specialist - email@example.com
Laura Green, Instructional Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Orpe, Instructional Coach - email@example.com
Monica Mbua, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Martha Miller, Social Worker - email@example.com
Charlene Long, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrice Nelson, Teacher - email@example.com
Chelsea Henry, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiara Owens, Teacher - email@example.com
Asia Bradley, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Josef McKinney, Teacher - email@example.com
Stephanie Stamas, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheryll Purdy, Teacher - email@example.com
Atica Bell, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Kulcharyk, Teacher - email@example.com
Grace Munoz, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
LaTesha Gordon, ELA Teacher - email@example.com
Johari Brown, Math Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Yolanda Betty, Science Teacher - email@example.com
Steven Orellana, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andre Keys, SEL Support/Teacher - email@example.com
Bryant Robertson, Art Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Edward McLean, Technology Teacher - email@example.com
Jerel Allen, Physical Education Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Bowman, Teacher - email@example.com
Toiya Davis, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicolas Wolak, Teacher - email@example.com