Edgerton Weekly #28
April 8, 2016
Equity In All We Do-Alternatives to Suspension
If you don't watch any other video I share this year in the Weekly Update (though I do hope you watch all of them!), please watch this one. Principal Nancy Hawks shares her story and it's powerful. After you watch it, talk with a teammate. Share "your contribution" that she speaks of. I know I, as a well-intentioned warrior for equity, have made contributions. Here's the link to the article if you would rather read it: article
Summer Buildings and Grounds Projects
There are some summer construction projects scheduled for EDG that I want to get on your radar. They will begin June 13 and hopefully wrap up by July 1. Please let me know if you have any questions.
1) We will be getting a new wash fountain for northwest bathroom.
2) We will be removing the tiered seating in Media center break out space.
3) We will be converting the computer lab closet to a break out space. There will be a door going into the hall. This will be a space for our additional 1.0 EL teacher.
Since we did not do Future Problem Solvers this year we had extra funding in that budget. In hopes to continue to draw upon the strengths of our EDG staff and create a culture of coaching, we will be using these funds for a Technology Integration Coach. Stacey Whitwood has agreed to be our Tech Coach! Our hope is once a month she will be released to coach individuals OR teams, model or co-teach lessons in your classroom, and help lead our building CSI work. We will be sending out a survey to see who is interested in either collaboration time planning how to integrate technology or having modeled lessons taught with your students. This past Monday she worked with some teachers by: modeling a lesson integrating tech with one iPad via AirPlay, App Smashing, and used Nearpod with students for a science lesson. Our hope is we will be able to continue this into next year as well. Look for a survey coming soon!
Reminders and Shout Outs!
- A huge thank you to Erica Anderson, our PTA and everyone who helped make Bingo night a success! It’s always good to see the building filled with students, families and staff having fun and connecting with each other. It’s also a great fundraiser for our school. Thank you!
Math Manipulatives will be coming soon!
- We will be seeing some boxes of math materials showing up soon at our school. These are going to be bigger boxes, ones full of manipulatives, so we thought it would be helpful to let you know they are coming. This applies to staff who did not teach pilot Math Expressions this year.
- If we stay the course with our current spending on paper and copying, we will overspend our budget. Please be thoughtful about copies if possible and avoid things like bright colors, binding, etc. These are some of the things that make copying a bit more expensive.
Save the Date!
- We will have out last EP Last Assembly on Tuesday, June 7 at 2:50. This is the EP assembly where we dump out all the EP tickets.
16-17 Calendar-Holidays and dates to avoid
- Click here to see the 2016-17 District Planning Calendar. The calendar is a list of non-school days, holidays, and other special dates that impact activities and district events. Please refer to it when you are planning conferences, concerts, meetings, etc.