Sunrise Faith Children's Hospital
Bringing Hope to a New Day
Welcome to the Sunrise Faith Children's Hospital
Services for Cancer Patients
- Chemotherapy- It is a treatment for cancer using one or more drugs that slows the growth of cancer cells. It is possible to lose your hair with this treatment and it could harm healthy cells, but it is one of the more common treatments.
- Alternative Therapy- It helps you recover from cancer and at times it basically seems like a spa treatment. It could consist of musical therapy, aroma therapy, physical therapy, etc.
- B.M.T(Bone Marrow Transplant)- It is used to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. Before the transplant, chemotherapy, radiation, or both may be given. Some risks include chest pain, chills, drop in blood pressure, fever, looking flushed in the face, headaches, hives, nausea, pain, or shortness of breath. All in all though, it is a very helpful treatment.
- Radiation Treatment- It is a treatment delivered by machine to shrink tumors, kill cancer cells, and minimize damage to normal tissue. A mask is put on your face so you stay in the same position. It is delivered by a form of photo beam with one dose per session. Side effects include damages in DNA, hair loss, skin problems, blood count change, fatigue, or could cause other cancers.
Services for the Families
At the Sunrise Faith Children's Hospital we also offer many services for the patient's family such as:
- No financial cost- Our hospital is so busy we would have to put your family on a waiting list, but once you get accepted in you don't have to pay a penny. At the Sunrise Faith Children's Hospital we donate to your cause which includes no fee. All of our financial support is donation based, so we would be happy to help your child.
- Housing- We have a separate building next to the hospital for patient's families in need of a home while they are away from their real homes. In the homes we provide luxurious beds, kitchens, and entertainment to try and get your mind off of reality for little while. Again, the homes come at no cost unless you damage something.
- Counseling/therapies- If you are having a difficult time with the situation at hand while at the hospital, we provide counseling or different types of therapies to try and help you with the situation.
Most common type of cancer
•Different types of wall art to match each children's personality
•Cabinetry over bed
•Extra space for visitors
Waiting Rooms/Play Areas
•Play on the slide
•Play with toys
•Look at fish
•Play board games or card games
Statistics about cancer patients
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia is the most common type of cancer found in children.
- There are over 100 types of cancer in which any part of the body can be effected.
- Two million skin cancers are diagnosed every year.
- Approximately 13.7 million people with a history of cancer were alive in 2012.
- The largest preventable cause of cancer is tobacco.
- 580,350 Americans were expected to die of cancer in 2013(1,600 people a day).
- Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the U.S. causing 1 in 4 deaths.
- Around 11,630 childhood cancer cases were expected in 2013 in ages 14 & younger.