Profile of FACS success
By: Brooklyn Dostie
"Taking chances almost always makes for happy endings"
- Corcoran was born on March 10th 1949 in Edgewater, New Jersey.
- Would you believe me when i said she got straight D's in high school?
- She studied at St. Thomas Aquinas College and in 1971
- Tried teaching for almost a year, but she wanted to be her own boss.
- After working at almost 20 jobs, she decided to start her own business.
- She took a loan from her boyfriend at that time and used that to create a business in real estate.
- Her boyfriend then ran away with her secretary but left her with a thriving business and no regrets.
- Corcoran took a $1000 loan from her boyfriend and started a small real estate business in New York City.
- Over the next 25 years, she'd made the $1,000 loan into a five-billion-dollar real estate business and the largest and best known brand in the industry.
- Barbara went to school at St. Thomas Aquinas College and got graduated with a degree in education.
- She also worked 20 jobs before she decided to make her own business.
Personal Traits & Keys to success
- Cultivate irrational optimism
- Embrace your fears by confronting them
- Fake it until it's real
- Leap first, think later