The rundown on Ridgewood Elementary - May 28, 2021
Principal Perspective - June!
Fifth grade families, after hearing from you, and with our move to a lower COVID risk category, we are able to do our traditional Clap Out in person instead of drive through. We'll get details out in the coming days, but mark your calendars for 11:00-11:30 on Friday, June 18th for our Clap Out. CDL students and their families are invited to join their hybrid classmates for this event.
Camp Achieve registration is now open! Here is the link to the online application. Registration closes on June 4th, and we will hold a lottery if more students apply than open seats. Families will be notified the week of June 7th of their registration status.
Our 3rd and 5th grade state testing has wrapped up, and 4th grade will finish on June 9th. Scores from those assessments are starting to be visible in ParentVue. Below is a link to the BSD webpage with resources for understanding your child's results.
Finally, please mark Monday, June 21st from 11:00-1:00 on your calendar, as this is when we will be collecting student ipads, Chromebooks and cords. We will be replacing some of the devices for next year and all devices will be cleaned, repaired and upgraded.
We will be collecting all ipads, Chromebooks and cords for the summer. You have several options for returning your child’s device and cord:
Hybrid students who are able to access Friday afternoon’s asynchronous activities from a personal device, may bring devices and cords to school on the last day and leave then with their teaches.
We will have a drive thru device drop off on Monday, June 21st from 11:00-1:00. Drive up and drop your child’s device and cord to Ms. Bergin on our front porch.
If you can’t make in on Monday, you may stop and ring the doorbell to our office anytime between 7:30-4:00 Monday-Friday June 21-25.
Our PTC provides these optional packs to make school supply shopping easier! Due June 15.
State Testing for Grade 4
State testing results are posting to ParentVue. This link tells you how to interpret those.
Camp Achieve - Registration closes June 4
12+ Vaccine Opportunity for Beaverton School District
Washington County Public Health, in partnership with Columbia Sportswear and Albertsons, is inviting Beaverton School District students and their family members aged 12+ to a Pfizer vaccine clinic.
Dates: Sunday, June 6th and Monday, June 7th
Location: Columbia Sportswear, 14375 Northwest Science Park Drive, Portland, OR
Hours: 1 – 7 pm each day
- 12+ welcome, 12-14 need to have a parent on site for consent, 15-17 need signed consent offered by Albertsons through the registration process.
- Drive thru or walk thru available.
- This clinic is by appointment only. If you have people who need help navigating the registration process, for language or technology reasons, they can call the Washington County Vaccine Helpline 1-833-907-3520.
- Appointments for the 2nd doses are Sunday, June 27th and Monday, June 28th.
Summer Reading Program
Beaverton City Library’s Summer Reading Program starts June 1st! Babies, kids, and teens will get to choose a free book after they read, listen, and learn for 15 hours this summer. There is no registration required, just keep track of time spent reading/listening on the attached reading log (English and Spanish). Visit the library or www.BeavertonLibrary.org/SRP for all the details.
Please share this link with those who have kids turning 5 years old by September 1st.
Clothes for Kids
If your student needs clothing at no cost, Clothes for Kids is ready to serve you.
Clothes for Kids hours: Tuesdays 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Thursdays 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Appointments are required. To schedule, please complete the Clothes for Kids Appointment form or call 503-356-4322. Visits are limited to one adult with four children or two adults with 8 children. All visitors must wear masks. If you don't have your own, we'll provide one.
We’re also looking for Clothes for Kids volunteers. Please contact Johanna Shrout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for our response to COVID-19 in out schools and community
Ridgewood Library News
Please return ALL Ridgewood Library books ASAP so that they can be enjoyed by students next school year.
All library books must be returned by June 7th.
Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) 2021-2022:
If you are interested in participating or even if you are not, start reading now because there are a lot of great books to enjoy!
Follow this link to view some of the OBOB Book Trailers.
Summer Reading opportunities:
NEW: The Ridgewood Library has a new Website. It will be updated regularly so keep checking back!
KEEP CALM and READ ON!
Little Beavers Girls Soccer Camp
See the full year calendar here. You can also subscribe to get our calendar added to yours!
- Tuesday, June 1 - Follow Monday specials schedule
- Wednesday, June 2 - Instructional Wednesday, follow Tuesday Specials
- Friday, June 4, 5:00-8:00 - Carnival
- Thursday, June 7 - last day to return library books
- Tuesday, June 8, 6:30 - PTC Meeting
- Friday, June 11, 4:00-6:00, Remembering Shawna Allen
- Wednesday, June 16, 10:00-3:00 - Fifth grade party
- Friday, June 18 - Last Day of School, Class Parties, Fifth grade clap out @11:00-11:30
- Monday, June 21 - Drive-up Chromebook/iPad collection, 11:00-1:00
- Tuesday, July 6 - Thursday, July 29 - Camp Achieve
- Friday, July 23 - Kindergarten playdate, Foothills Park, 11:00
- Wednesday, August 11 - Kindergarten playdate, Forest Hills Park, 5:00
- Monday, August 23 - Kindergarten playdate, Ridgewood View Park, 5:00
- Wednesday, Sept. 8 - First day for grades 1-5, Kinders by appointment
- Thursday, Sept. 9 - 2nd day for grades 1-5, Kinders by appointment
- Friday, Sept. 10 - 3rd day for grades 1-5, first day for Kinders with last names A-L
- Monday, Sept. 13 - 4th day for grades 1-5, first day for Kinders with last names M-Z
- Tuesday, Sept. 14 - all students attend
- Friday, Oct. 15 - Jogathon
- Wednesday, Oct. 20 - Thursday, October 21 - Fall Parent Conferences
- Thursday, Oct. 21 - Friday, October 22 - NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, April 27 - Thursday, April 28 - Spring Parent Conferences
- Thursday, April 28 - Friday, April 29 - NO SCHOOL
Ridgewood Elementary School
Please ring the doorbell on our front porch and we will gladly help you.