Ati Wimmer + Alexis Lahana
Experiential Learning Cycle
2) Reflective Observation - "Observe." Learner consciously reflects back on the experience.
3) Abstract Conceptualization - "Think." Learner attempts to conceptually understand a theory or model.
4) Active Experimentation - "Plan." Learner is trying to plan how to test a model or theory.
- Evolved as a part of the humanistic education movement.
- Emphasis on the inclusion of feelings and emotions in education.
- Teachers serve as facilitators of learning.
2) Learning which is threatening to the self (opinions that are questioned) are more easily assimilated when external threats are at a minimum.
3) Learning proceeds faster when the threat to self is low.
4) Self-initiated learning is the most lasting and pervasive.
Characteristics of a True Facilitator
2) Prizing the learner - acceptance and trust of each individual student.
3) Empathetic understanding - ability to understand students reactions from the inside.