Contextualizing Math in CTE
June 26 & 27, 2014 -- CTE and Math Teacher Teams
Business/Math, FCS/Math, and T&EE/Math Teacher Teams
The Illinois CTE Curriculum Revitalization (CR) Project, a project funded by the Illinois State Board of Education invites Business/Math, FCS/Math, and T&EE/Math teacher teams from the same school to build math lesson plans within the context of specific Career & Technical Education curriculum! Under the guidance of Scott Burke and Tom Moore from Loveland, Colorado, teams will walk away with lesson plans to implement and training to build future contextualized math in the CTE curriculum.
Learn HOW to Contextualize Math CCSS within the CTE Curriculum!
- CPDUs: 16 CPDUs Available
- Location: SIU Center for Workforce Development, Lincoln Land Community College, Montgomery Hall, Suite 100, 2450 Foundation Drive, Springfield, IL 62703
Date: June 26 & 27, 2014
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily
- Fees: $50 per teacher; Lunch and workshop materials included
- Make fees payable to “SIU Center for Workforce Development,” Attention: Linda Walker, 2450 Foundation Dr., Suite 100, Springfield, IL 62703;
- Refunds: Reimbursement unavailable after June 1, 2014
- Questions: Contact Linda Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 217.303.5849
Contextualizing Math in CTE Trainers
Scott Burke, CTE Instructor
Curriculum Revitalization Project, a projected funded by the Illinois State Board of Education
Tom Moore, Math Instructor
Scott Burke and Tom Moore from Loveland, Colorado, have over 40 years’ experience connecting academic curriculum to real world situations. These educators will provide you with the tools you need to succeed with implementing Math Common Core Standards into your classroom.