Principal's Monthly Message
December 2017 " Tagline: Building a Community of Champions"
Important Calendar Dates- December 2017
- December 5, 2017, Community Meeting for Advanced Ed. Strategic Planning at Greer High School 5:30-7;30
- December 7, 2017 Last Kona Ice for the Year
- December 8, 2017 K4 1/2 day
- December 11, 2017 Chorus and Hand-bell Performance, Santa Shop Preview 6:30 pm
- December 14, 2017 Moe's Spirit Night
- December 19, 2017 ELF day
- December 20, 2017 1/2 day all students, School ends at 12:00pm
- December 21, 2017 to January 2, 2018 Winter Break
December Thoughts- Where we are now in our school year.
A classroom setting in 2017 would rarely see a class of students facing forward in desks and taking notes. Classrooms are noisy with content conversation, collaborative groups, and movement. Students easily access Chromebooks and use websites to find information. Chandler Creek Students are active in learning and are also using soft skills daily to show they can work with each other and adults. The school is truly a community and functions as one.
Parents are being asked to survey schools for upcoming Advanced Ed Accreditation in 2018. Questions ask parents what they think happens at school. At Chandler Creek, we encourage our parents to visit and ask questions as well so learning can be a partnership and can be modeled at home and in school.
December will move fast and take us into the new year as learning builds and our children mature in learning and in life. It is an exciting time and each day is a new adventure.
We encourage all to be involved and we truly APPRECIATE the joy of working together.