By: Kyle Moder
- Are relaxants, relieve inhibitions, impair memory and judgment
- Alcohol- can cause the body to become disoriented and causes memory loss if enough is consumed
- Heroine- is a naturally occurring substance extracted from the seed pod of the Asian poppy plant, teens start using this at the beginning of high school. Affects certain parts of the brain
- Tranquilizers- is used to reduce anxiety, fear, tension, and related states of mental disturbance.
- Cause hallucinations, sensory distortions, and occasionally panic
- LSD- sold as tablets or liquid, the pill or liquid causes you to become nervous and hallucinations which will run out after about 12 hours
- Shrooms- have long term effects of addiction, and can cause anxiety, confusion, and violent behavior
- Marijuana- a dry, shredded green and brown mix of leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the hemp plant, when smoked it is passed through the lungs and sent to the brain and other organs of the body
- something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part of the body
- Nicotine-stimulates the adrenal glands to release the hormone epinephrine also known as adrenaline, nicotine is in cigarettes, chew, and cigars which can cause you to obtain lung cancer
- Caffeine- can influence mood swings, cause confusion, also if you take enough it can cause depression.
- Cocaine- it strongly influences your central nervous system, by shutting down signals between neurons
- Depressants- 82% of people who use alcohol at age 12 end up being alcoholics.
- Hallucinogen- only 3.8% of high school students use LSD.
- Stimulant- 14% of people who begin using Cocaine at the age of 12 are usually addicted to it for life.
- Depressants- can create body to generally loosen muscles, don’t consume while pregnant, and create upset stomach
- Hallucinogen- can create high blood pressure, can cause you to see things that aren’t there, disrupt the interaction of nerve cells and neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Stimulant- can become very addictive and, the addiction if pregnant and using the drugs can cause a baby to be addicted to it, high amounts could cause heart to stop and start again.
- Depressants- only certain people may be allowed to buy and distribute the drugs.
- Hallucinogen- most are illegal due to them being unpredictable, they don't effect people the same way.
- Stimulant- Must be prescribed by doctor.
Cesar Jimenez presents: Depressants Drug
Nicotine Receptors in the Brain