Week of December 19, 2022
Greetings Westside Families! Thank you for a wonderful first semester and supporting your children in their educational journey. We hope you and your family have a safe Winter Break filled with moments to cherish. Remember that although their wish lists may be long, your children wish for devoted time with you more than anything else. Spend time playing outside with them, reading together, or snuggling on the couch. It will be the best present you can give them this year AND it will fill your heart during this crazy time as well.
Please note the 1:15pm dismissal time Monday-Wednesday. School will be closed starting Thursday, Dec. 22nd through January 4th. School resumes Thursday, January 5th with a FULL Friday January 6th.
There will be NO Running Club, Art Club, Music Club or ASP this week. Look for specialized emails from your sponsors and these newsletters on return dates in January
Please note the change this week to our Front Office Hours: Open Monday-Wednesday from 7:30AM-2:00PM. Closed starting December 22nd- January 4th. We will reopen Thursday, January 5th at 7:30am.
~Mrs. Stephanie Woodbury, Principal
(321) 956-5050 or Woodbury.Stephanie@BrevardSchools.org
Winter Penda Challenge- Grades 3-6
Wanted: Science Fair Judges
Are you a community business partner? Do you work in a STEM, medical, biological, or mechanical profession? Are you looking for a fun way to help out at your child’s school? If so, we need a few volunteers to help judge this year’s science fair on Wednesday, February 1st. Please email Mr. Jost at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Holiday Spirit Days
Here are our final theme days for the week:
- December 19th- Reindeer Day! Dress like a reindeer and bring your favorite book to read during our "DEAR" time (Drop Everything And Read)
- December 20th- PJs and Polar Express! Wear your PJs to school (with appropriate shoes)
- December 21st- Ready for the Holidays! Wear your favorite holiday outfit to kick off Winter Break!
Holiday Fun at Westside
Bike Safety Unit
Our focus for Physical Education class has been on bike, pedestrian and bus safety. Students in Grades 3-6 have the choice to ride a bike from the Bike Trailer ( helmet required- you can bring in own helmet) All students are given the choice of using the low riding scooters or playing volleyball if they choose not to ride a bike. Many students have learned to ride a bike during this unit!
- December 19th-21st: Early Release Days (Office closes at 2p)
- December 22nd-Winter Break Begins for all
- January 5th- School Resumes
- January 6th- FULL Friday (Hurricane Make Up)
- January 16th- Holiday for All (Honoring MLK)