Blending the Lines
Blending books and technology to form our Educational Lines.
BOOK CLUB: Read all about it!
We are the S9 YA Readers! Specifically, Sparkman 9 Young Adult Readers.
The mission of this book club is to inspire reading and the discussion of young adult (YA) literary works.
- Promote reading.
- Provide a positive environment for students and teachers to share their creative thoughts and interests of literary works.
- Function as an advisory group for the Library-Media Center, offering ideas regarding book selection and library programming.
Sponsor: Mrs. Madison
Co-Sponsor: Mrs. Knight
- S9 YA Readers will meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- Meetings will take place after school in the library.
- We will read young adult literature and adult literature for teens.
- Members are responsible for acquiring a copy of the book of the month. You may purchase, borrow, or check the book out from the school or public library.
- Members must be prepared for each meeting. You must read the book in its entirety.
December 2013 book selection: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The S9 YA Readers had their first book club meeting after school, December 17th in the library. We had such a wonderful time discussing John Green's best seller! If you haven't read this amazing read, well you really need to change that!
S9 YA Readers: January 2014 Book Selection
January 2014 book selection: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. *Students may choose another book by John Green or another YA author.
Poetry in Motion: students use digital sources and texts to complete research project
- November 13-15, 18-22, 25-36: Poetry Research Project with Mrs. Knight's Pre-AP English students
- December 2-5: To Kill a Mockingbird Research Project with Mr. Standeffer's English students.
Librarian: Alison Madison
I am passionate about...
- Books - hand-held and digital
- Reading YA Literature
- Instructional Technology
- Gadgets, gizmos, and educational apps
- Helping high school students discover all of the above
I Believe that School Libraries are Innovative and Irreplaceable.
Where Old School Meets New School
We are a 21st Century Library
Books + Technology
Reading + Research
Hand-held + Digital
Digital Citizenship + Information Literacy