February 3, 2022
15 minute full workout with Rujuta Diwekar
Steps Family Members and Caregivers Can Take to support Mental Health
2. Help children and youth develop strong, safe, and stable relationships with you and other
3. Encourage children and youth to build healthy social relationships with peers.
4. Do your best to provide children & youth with a supportive, stable, and predictable home
and neighborhood environment.
5. Try to minimize negative influences and behaviors in young people's lives.
6. Ensure children and youth have regular check-ups with a pediatrician, family doctor, or
other health care professional.
7. Look out for warning signs of distress, and seek help when needed.
8. Minimize children's access to means of self-harm, including firearms and prescriptions.
9. Be attentive to how children & youth spend time online.
10. Be a voice for mental health in your community.
Pandemic & Mental Health- Warning Signs to Look For
BEHAVIOR AS COMMUNICATION - PRESENTATION FOR PARENTS
How to Identify your Negative Emotions
We need to pay attention to our negative feelings - since they are telling us important things which we should address if we are to be happier in 2022. But often we just can't tell different emotions apart or have the proper words to describe what we are feeling.
Social worker and author Brené Brown joins Dr. Laurie Santos to explain how we can more fully explore distinct feelings such as envy and jealousy - so we can tell them apart and work out how to change our lives so we feel them less frequently and less painfully.