Manipulates properties of food without using heat.
- Alternating electrical flow between two electrodes.
- Examples include: Liquid eggs, soups, juices, vegetables in liquid, fruits in liquid, and other heat sensitive liquids.
- Destroys microorganisms using ozone gas.
- Used for Water treatment.
- Examples include: Fresh produce/fruit packaging, water purification, processing meat, seafood and poultry.
High Pressure Processing
- Food is exposed to pressures of at least 45,000 psi (pounds per square inch.)
- Examples include: Ready to eat whole and sliced meat, processed fruits and vegetables, fresh juices and smoothies, deli salads and dips, and shellfish.