What's Buzzin' at Bryant
Week of November 6, 2023
A Message from Mrs. Johnson
Hello Bryant families,
October is a long month!!!! We made it! Thank you so much to everyone who came out and supported our Halloween Parade. The kids had an awesome time and we saw so many creative costumes. I want to give a special thank you to Mr. Ramirez, one of our fantastic Bryant parents, for being the DJ for our first student dance. I have to say I was a little uneasy about having our TKs and Ks attend but they rose to the occassion like our little Bryant Bees always do. We all had a fantastic time.
Just a few reminders ... Parent/Teacher conferences are this week on November 8th or 9th. If you have not received notification from your childs teacher please reach out to him/her ASAP. November 8th and 9th are non-student days. We will also be off on November 10th in observance of Veteran's Day. Lastly, yearbook presales will happen soon. We have sold out of yearbooks the past 2 years so make sure you order yours. We do not stock extra books for sale so it is important that you order your yearbook in advance. Be on the lookout for more info to come!
As always, thank you so much for being such wonderful partners. Have a fantastic week!
10 day attendance challenge
PTO Cheesecake, Cookie Dough & Wrap Fundraiser
We need your input!
The Core Virtue for the month of November - Generosity and Hospitality
Generosity is giving with an open hand and an open heart. Hospitality is the friendly reception of guests or strangers into one's inner circle. As we continue through the holiday season and beyond, let's find a way to be more generous and hospitable to others.
This month, as part of our social-emotional development discussions, classes will discuss what it means and what it looks like to show gratitude. Please join us by talking with your child about showing gratitude and appreciation to others.
Bryant swag is now available!
We would love for your to volunteer!
We are so happy to welcome volunteers on campus to offer support or to attend field trips. This is a great way to ensure the school site, community, and families are all connected. If you are interested is being a volunteer, some important information you will need to know is captured below:
- All volunteers are required to be checked into RAPTOR Visitor System & be cleared via the Volunteer Clearance List for 2023-2024. If you are not on the Volunteer Clearance List you will not be allowed on campus for any reason. Volunteers will not be allowed on campus prior to 8:10 am unless cleared by administration in advance of the visit.
- The Adult Volunteer Participation process is a 4-6 week process (may be longer if there is a fingerprint processing delay).
- Be sure to inform staff of the timeline to acquire clearance for scheduled events and field trips.
- All chaperones, no matter the duration of the field trip or school event, must be fingerprinted and complete the process
Volunteer clearance renewal:
- To complete the renewal process (volunteers previously cleared during the 2022-2023 school year) all volunteers are required to complete the annual online volunteer training and confirmation form
- Tier 1 volunteers, previously cleared during the 2022-2023 school year may renew their Tier 1 clearance for the 2023-2024 school year.
If you would like to begin the volunteer clearance process, please access one of the links below.
RUSD's Family Resource Center
Parents and families are encourage to join RUSD engagement opportunities
Pathways to College and Career Family Engagement Summit
RUSD College and Career Readiness and the Family Resource Center have partnered to host the Pathways to College and Career Family Engagement Summit scheduled for October 14, 2023, at Ramona High School. Pathways Flyer
- 11/8/23 Youth & Opioids: Learn tips to engage in positive conversations about substance use, including local resources and support services.
11/14/23 Helping your Child with Reading and Writing: Learn multisensory strategies to improve reading and writing, plus school and local resources.
FRC Flyer 2023 FRC Fall Flier (updated quarterly)
FRC calendar of activities https://bit.ly/FRCCalendar-of-Activities
Wednesday, Nov. 8th, 12am to Thursday, Nov. 9th, 12am
4324 3rd Street
No School in observance of Veteran's Day
Friday, Nov. 10th, 12am
4324 3rd Street
Bryant School of Arts and Innovation
Natanya Johnson, Principal
Melissa Gonzales, Assistant Principal
School Office Hours - 8:00 am - 3:30 pm