What we can learn from "Your Inner Fish"
Did legs evolve in the water or on the land?
Watch this video about Tiktalik
- Study the graphic showing examples of 4 types of appendages in vertebrates.
- What similarities and differences do you see in these bone structures?
- What might this say about the common ancestors of four-limbed vertebrates?
- What do you notice about the placement and structure of the humerus, radius, and ulna in each of the arm skeletons?
- Why might these three animals show similarities and differences in the structure of their forelimbs?