NEWS for #701 Belair
January 4 - January 8, 2016
- promote a sense of shared respect and responsibility between home, school and community
- teacher reflection and collaboration will be an essential part of our growth and student achievement
- optimal learning will exist in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment sustained through School Wide Positive Behavior and CharacterPlus
- teachers will have high expectations for all students and provide them with a learning framework centered on critical thinking, problem solving, self-reflection, communication, collaboration, and real life experiences
Things to Note/Upcoming Events......
Monday, January 4 - District PD Day - 8:00 - 4:15 for those meeting at Belair (staff attending other sessions may have varying hours)
Wednesday, January 6 - Scott Out AM
Thursday, January 7 - Grade cards go home
Friday, January 8 - Team Time - 8:15 (no weekly assembly)
Student Meetings: Wednesday @ 8:15 - Addison Six; Thursday @ 8:15 - Deanna Williams; and Friday @ 8:15 - Yaa'Lena Thomas-Kwakye
AMP Schedule: Tuesday - Red; Wednesday - Blue; Thursday - Yellow; Friday - Red
Library/Counseling Schedule: Maroon Week
Morning Duties: 8:30 - 8:45 Gym (Sam); 8:30 - 8:45 Cafeteria (Charlotte); 8:30 - 8:45 Car Riders (Liz)
Afternoon Gym Duties: Schlueter, Hufendiek, Hillis, Smith, Bowen, and Walker
Happy Birthday: January 5 - Holly Watson
Upcoming Culture/Belair Cares Events: Staff Holiday Party - Saturday, January 9th @ 6:00 PM (Lisa Smith's) - bring lottery tickets for game, and your favorite snack and beverage
Infinite Campus Gradebook MUST be updated by the end of each Tuesday with the previous week's scores/standards recorded. Grading window closes at 7:00 AM on January 6th.
Data Cycle data to Scott upon beginning/ending each unit for math and writing.
Web page updated by January 31.
Who would you like to give a shout out to? We have much to celebrate here at #701!!!!
What gifts can you offer your students?
Four Corollary Questions
1. What do we want kids to know and do?
2. How will we know they know or can?
3. What will we do if they cannot?
4. What will we do if they can?