Craddock's Weekly Update
For the Week of September 26, 2022
Mrs. Menta's Message
Happy Friday Craddock Families!
We ended yet another wonderful week by celebrating as a whole school the feat of filling our school-wide pom pom bucket! The kids unanimously voted to bring a stuffed animal to school and they had a blast! Even Mrs. Bayer got in on the action! Check out the pictures below!
I am so excited to announce our Cruisin' Craddock event will be held a week from today! Information went home over a week ago via Final Forms. This event will allow ALL of our staff and students to better their physical and mental health, by setting time aside for either walking or running around our homemade track out back. Each class has been assigned a time and students and staff will enjoy music, bubble machines, water and each other as they participate. We will be running our event even in cool temps and sprinkles, so please send your child dressed appropriately. We are also encouraging all of our students to bring in a labeled water bottle, which can be refilled during the event as needed. What a great way to bring the Craddock family together in a healthy way! Many thanks to our PTO for all their hard work to make this event happen. We continue to be thankful for the support of our families as well. We are so grateful!
Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for allowing us the pleasure of working with your kiddos each day! We are so lucky!
216-849-2552 (cell) Feel free to call or text this number.
Craddock's Nurse, Mrs. Courtad
Support Staff Subs Needed
We are really in need of support staff subs in the following areas...
Cafeteria & Playground Paraprofessionals
School Bus Paras
You can go to our website to fill out an application or call Sal Arquilla with any questions at 330-954-2108.
Car Rider Protocol - IMPORTANT!
Students can be dropped off at 8:40 a.m. at the earliest! Please do not allow them to exit your car until that time, as there is no staff to monitor them. Pick up will begin promptly at 3:10 each day. If everyone knows the system and cooperates, we will have all students in cars in 15-20 minutes.
Here are some things I need all car rider families to do, which will help immensely.
- Please do not use Willard to line up for drop off or pick up. We are working with the police to get it blocked off, but in the meantime, please avoid it. Enter Hurd Road off of New Hudson and begin lining up there. Please see the map below for guidance.
- Parents are not permitted to get out of their car when dropping off or picking up their child(ren). It is one of the main reasons the flow of traffic slows down. If you need to do that, you must pull into a marked parking spot. Again, we ask you don't do it at all. We have plenty of staff available to help your child in or out safely.
- All students must exit their car on the passenger side of the vehicle. We understand this can be tricky with child locks and car seats, but it is in the best interest of all our car riders to have it be this way. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We are not permitting people to turn left into the school from Hurd Road. You will be asked to continue down Hurd, turn around and join the end of the line.
- We ask that you please respect the guidelines we have set up and follow them consistently. Everyone involved in the car rider process, staff and parents, thank you!
If at any time, you wish to change your child's mode of transportation for one or more days, you must fill out the Google form attached. We are no longer able to accept notes, phone calls and/or emails to do this, outside of emergencies. Thank you!
An Update from Our Superintendent, Mr. Roberto
Click the button below to view the latest Aurora City Schools update from Mr. Roberto.
PDF Transcript Link
Aurora City School District Report Card from ODE
Thanks for taking the time to review this message. Take care and GO GREENMEN!
A Message from Our School Counselor, Mrs. Ambrosia!
Please click the link below to learn more about the Clothing Crusade, a local organization who can help support families.
Mrs. Lindsey Ambrosia
330.562.6199, ext. 5414
330.562.3174, ext. 1260
Mark Your Calendar
Tuesday, 9/27 - Burton Field Trip for Leko, Wilk and Julien
Wednesday, 9/28 - Burton Field Trip for Yaeger, Serafino and Moticak
Friday, 9/30 - Cruisin' Craddock
Tuesday, 10/04 - Moebius Field Trip for Schaefer and Armbrecht
Wednesday, 10/05 - Moebius Field Trip for Goff and Acevedo
Friday, 10/07 - Moebius Field Trip for Doherty and McArthur
Tuesday, 10/11 - Moebius Field Trip for Janko
Wednesday, 10/12 - Moebius Field Trip for Heffernan and Williams
Monday, 10/31 - Fall Festival Parade and Party
Tuesday, 11/08 - Fall Conferences - Night One
Thursday, 11/10 - Fall Conferences - Night Two
Friday, 11/11 - Veteran's Day Assembly
Friday, 11/18 - End of First Trimester
Help to Support WomenSafe
Important PTO Information
Click the button to find out how! You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you'd like to join PTO, please click the link and fill out the form.