Picture Day Information
September 30 - October 2
Lifetouch School Photos
- The student's photo in the yearbook
- The photo for the student's school ID card
- An up-to-date photo in our district's student information system (Infinite Campus)
- The ability for families to purchase copies of the picture directly from Lifetouch
Please click the button for a direct link to our photo vendor, Lifetouch. Photos can be ordered directly from the website.
Hybrid Learning Pictures: Thursday, October 1, and Friday, October 2
Digital Academy Pictures: Wednesday, September 30
Students participating in Digital Academy can come to AVHS on Wednesday, Sept. 30, to have their photo taken for inclusion in the yearbook as well as an updated student ID card.
If students in Digital Academy choose to not participate in the picture day on Sept. 30, they will have the option to submit their own photo for the yearbook and last year's school photo will be used for this year's ID card.
To maintain proper spacing and an efficient photo experience, we ask that students please come at the following times based on the first letter of their last name:
A: 8:00 - 8:30
B: 8:30 - 9:00
C - D: 9:00 - 9:30
E - G: 9:30 - 10:00
H: 10:00 - 10:30
I - K: 10:30 - 11:00
L - M: 11:00 - 11:45
N - P: 12:00 - 12:30
Q - S: 12:30 - 1:15
T - Z: 1:15 - 2:00
Students should come in the main entrance and proceed directly to Gym D for their photo. They do not need to bring anything with them except a mask to wear in the building. After their photo is taken, they should promptly exit back out the main entrance.
Submitting Your Own Yearbook Photo
Deadline for portrait submissions
- Wednesday, October 14: Grades 9, 10, 11
- Tuesday, December 1: Grade 12
For the 2020-21 school year, students in all grades have the option to submit their own photo for the yearbook.
Please note that all submissions must:
- Be vertically oriented
- Should be a "head and shoulders" photo
- Should not have any props (athletic equipment, instruments, etc.)
- Should not use any Snap-style filters or digital additions
- Be taken in front of a neutral/single color background (Senior pictures do not need to be neutral/single color)
- Must be a high-resolution JPG or PNG file
AVHS and the yearbook staff reserve the right to crop/omit photos as necessary to ensure they meet our publication standards.