The Weekly Howler
Shaw Sundog Newsletter
Virtue of the Week: May 9 -13
Field Day Donations
We would appreciate your donations of the following items to make our schoolwide Field Day a huge success!
Kindergarten - GoGurts: 1 box of 8 count
1st Grade - Individual Bags of Chips: 20 count
2nd Grade - Bottled Water: 24 count
3rd Grade - String Cheese: 20 count
4th Grade - Cuties Mandarin Oranges: 1 bag
5th Grade - Cookies: 24 count
All food donations are due Tuesday, May 17th at 9:00 a.m.
Please join us for Field Day the fun begins on May 19th at 11:00 a.m.
Time is running out to buy a yearbook.
Online Academic Resources
School Report Card: 2014-2015
As a requirement of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, states and school districts must issue annual report cards to parents. The purpose of the report card is to provide parents with information about the district and their child’s school in terms of teacher qualifications, academic achievement, and school/district accountability. To access the report cards, please visit our website and select School Report Card to the Public at: http://www.matsuk12.us/Page/25937
If you would like a written copy of your school’s report card, please contact the front office at 352-0500.
Mark Your Calendar
- 5/6 PD Day - No School
- 5/11 Collum and Mayse to the Anchorage Museum of History and Art
- 5/11 Miller to Wonderland Park
- 5/12 Porcello and Anders to the Musk Ox Farm and Reflections Lake
- 5/13 Shaw Talent Show @2:00
- 5/13 Moyer and Mr. C to the Transportation Musuem
- 5/13 Blake, Lund, Strode to the Musk Ox Farm
- 5/17 Porcello to Crevasse Moraine Park
- 5/17 Hanson, Fritts, Artz to the Alaska Zoo
- 5/18 Report Cards Home K through 4.
- 5/18 Blake and Hamman to Rock On Climbing
- 5/18 5th Grade to Whittier Field Trip
- 5/19 Field Day
- 5/20 Last Day for Students