Serving Food Safely
Do's & Don'ts
- Wear single-use gloves or use utensils when handling ready to eat foods.
- Use separate utensils for each food item.
- Clean/sanitize all utensils after each task, If used continuously clean every few hours.
- Store serving utensils with handle extended above rim of container.
- Hold dishes at the bottom or edge.
- Carry glasses in a rack or on tray.
- Hold flatware by the handle.
- Avoid bare hand contact with ready to eat food.
- Use ice scoops or tongs to get ice.
- Do NOT touch food contact areas of dishes or glassware.
- Do NOT stack glasses when carrying them.
- Do NOT hold flatware by food-contact surfaces.
- Do NOT make bare-hand contact with ready to eat food.
- Do NOT scoop ice with your bare hand or a glass, A glass may chip or break