The SCS Wednesday News Brief
May 3, 2017
We congratulate our 8th grade students on their Confirmation this past weekend! Our school and parish community look forward to our 2nd grade students receiving their First Holy Communion this Saturday, 10:00 AM at St. Margaret's Church. We remind all parents to join us this Friday for First Friday Mass at 9:00 AM. After mass, we encourage all parents and family members to explore our S.T.E.A.M. (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math) art exhibit in the cafeteria. Light refreshments will be served.
Important notices have been sent home regarding:
- Upcoming 8th Grade Graduation Information
- Final Exams 7th & 8th grade students
- 6th grade ILA and Math final exams
- Accelerated course criteria and student placement for 2017-2018 school year
Please be sure to adjust your family’s schedule in accordance to the following changes to the school calendar:
- Tuesday June 13th 12:30 PM Dismissal
- Wednesday June 14th 12:30 PM Dismissal Last Day of School
- Thursday June 15th School is canceled
ATHLETIC PACKETS WERE SENT HOME LAST WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26 & ARE TO BE RETURNED BY FRIDAY, MAY 5th. PLEASE SIGN FORMS ENCLOSED IN ENVELOPE. ALL OTHER ATHLETIC FORMS/ INFORMATION ARE ONLINE UNDER ATHLETICS.
I HAVE KEPT THE YELLOW EMERGENCY CARDS AND WILL BE PUT IN YOUR ENVELOPE WHEN YOU RETURN YOUR ENVELOPE.
PLEASE SEE INFORMATION REGARDING A GIRLS/BOYS BASKETBALL CAMP UNDER THE DIRECTION OF JOSH PETERS & TIM MERCIER-BOYS JV BASKETBALL COACHES IN NEWS.
ANY QUESTIONS-PLEASE CALL JOSH- 732-809-3035 firstname.lastname@example.org
IF INTERESTED, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP ONLINE & USE PAY PAL.
FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION- FRIDAY, APRIL 28- SUNDAY, MAY 14.
REMINDER WHEN REGISTERING FOR CROSS COUNTRY - PAY PARTICIPATION FEE USING PAY PAL.
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER FINAL REGISTRATION OVER THE SUMMER.
JULY 28-AUG 13.
COACHES NEEDED: FALL CROSS COUNTRY GR 4-8 & BOYS SOCCER.
THANK YOU!! ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ELLEN MEIXSELL.
Spring Show Reminder
We are looking forward to our upcoming spring play. The kids have been working hard in getting their songs ready! Below, you will find suggested attire for each grade level. Please remember that these are only suggestions and we do not expect you to go out to buy anything new in order to accommodate our requests. As a reminder, our spring play will be held on Thursday, May 18th at 6:30 pm. Doors will open at 6:00pm.
Music Teacher of St. Catharine's School
List of suggested colors each class should wear for the spring play
Kindergarten - Tan Shirt, Black pants
1st Grade - Blue shirt, black bottoms
2nd Grade - White Shirt, black bottom
3rd Grade - White shirt, khaki bottom
4th Grade - White Shirt, khaki bottom
5th Grade - Black shirt, black bottom
6th Grade - Black shirt, black bottom
7th Grade - White shirt, jeans or school pants
8th Grade - White shirt, khaki bottom
School Calendar http://www.stcatharineschool.net/scsl/Calendar/
Friday May 5th
- Student Art Exhibit- S.T.E.A.M. (exhibit will be open after First Friday Mass till 11:00 AM)
- First Friday Mass 9 AM
- Athletic Packets Due
- 12:30 Dismissal
Saturday May 6th
- First Holy Communion 10 AM St. Margaret's Church
Monday May 8th
- Monmouth County Prosecutors Office Student Assembly: Social Media and Internet Safety 10:30 AM Grades 5-8
- Parents welcome to attend
Thursday May 11th
- May Crowning 1:15 PM St. Catharine Church
Friday May 12th
- PTA Pizza Day
- Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea
Sunday May 14th
- End of Registration for Fall Sports
Tuesday May 16th
- Flynn & O'Hara School Uniform Visit
Thursday May 18th
- Spring Concert 6:30 PM Doors Open 6:00 PM
May 22nd-May 26th
- 7th/8th Grade Finals
- 6th Grade ILA & Math Final ONLY
Thursday May 25th
- Ascension Thursday Mass
Friday May 26th
- PTA Pizza Day
Saturday May 27th
- Spring Lake 5
Monday May 29th
- Memorial Day, School Closed
Friday June 2nd
- 9 AM School Volunteer Recognition Mass and Breakfast
- 8th grade dance- Under the Sea 7-10PM SCS Cafeteria
Sunday June 4th
- 8th Graders: Baccalaureate Mass 9:00 AM St. Catharine Church
- 8th Graders: Communion Breakfast, immediately following the mass at Manasquan River Golf Club
Monday June 5th
- PreK Stepping Up Ceremony
Tuesday June 6th
- 8th Grade Award Ceremony 9:00 AM SCS Gym *8th graders dismissed to go home after ceremony
Wednesday June 7th
- 9:30 AM Kindergarten Graduation SCS Gym
Thursday June 8th
- 8th Graders: Last day of school for 8th grade students only
Friday June 9th
- 8th Graders: No School for 8th Graders
- 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony 6:00 PM (Doors will open 5:30 PM students must be "on line" by 5:45 PM)
Monday June 12th
- Last Full Day of School
- PTA Pizza Day
Tuesday June 13th
- 12:30 PM Dismissal
- 9:00 AM Student Award Ceremony
Wednesday June 14th
- 12:30 Dismissal
- Last Day of School