Learner Management System
Limu (which means “learn” in Swahili) is a software company, making strides in the transformation of education in South Africa. We are obsessed with creating imaginative ways of enhancing education through software.
Limu has developed an online based portal to manage resources and enhance collaborative teaching, learning and research. This software is in high demand by educational institutions all across South Africa, and Limu services this need.
Limu provides a platform for collaboration between teachers, learners and parents. Firstly teachers, through the portal are able to upload academic resources (worksheets, past exam papers, etc), make class announcements and post student marks amongst other things.
Learners are then able to access these resources, check their grades and even take tests online.
Lastly, Limu enables parents to be able to log onto the portal and locate their children’s profile. In the profile they will be able to check their children’s marks (test by test), read school announcements and even communicate with teachers.
Portals such as Limu are being used in most if not all of South Africa’s universities, and have been proven to be highly successful. They have vastly improved the level of tertiary education.
- Announcements: Post current, time-critical information onto the portal and these announcements are received by both learners and parents. The posted announcements are also automatically sent out to the email addresses of learners and parents.
- Resources: Post, store and organize academic and non-academic material.
- Tests & Quizzes: Create and manage online assessments. The portal includes automated marking, for instantaneous grading of the tests.
- Assignments: Create and grade online or offline assignments.
- Gradebook: Calculate, store and distribute marks to learners and parents.
- Calendar: Maintain deadlines, activities and subject related events.
- Chat: Engage in real-time conversations with learners and parents.
- News: Display custom news content from dynamic, online sources via rss
- Syllabus: Post a summary outline of subject material.
- Discussion Forum: Create, moderate and manage discussion topics and groups within a subject.
- Polls: Create a poll for voting (e.g. voting for student leaders)
- Profile: Create a personalized profile
- Announcements: Receive current, time-critical information on the portal
- Resources: Access, and download academic and non-academic material (e.g. past exam papers)
- Tests & Quizzes: Take online assessments. The portal includes automated marking, for instantaneous grading of the tests so students receive their marks instantaneously.
- Assignments: Submit online or offline assignments.
- Gradebook: Access their marks for tests and assignments.
- Calendar: Plan according to deadlines, activities and subject related events.
- Chat: Engage in real-time conversations with peers and teachers.
- News: Access custom news content from dynamic, online sources via rss
- Syllabus: Access a summary outline of subject material.
- Discussion Forum: Participate in group discussions about set topics.
- Polls: Participate in a poll for voting (e.g. voting for student leaders)
- Announcements: View current, time-critical announcements set by teachers and the school
- Gradebook: Access their child’s marks for tests and assignments
- Calendar: View their child’s deadlines, and important school events.
- Chat: Engage in real-time conversations with teachers.
- News: View custom relevant news content from dynamic, online sources via rss
- Syllabus: View their child’s syllabus for various subjects
- Discussion Forum: Participate in discussion topics where parent’s input is required.
Array of services offered by Limu
- Limu provides installation of the portal. A unique username is assigned to each user (teachers, learners and parents). Each user is then able to create their own secure password to access the Limu portal.
- Limu’s team of experienced trainers comes to your school to lead a full or partial day training session on how to use the Limu portal. The training services all users (teachers, learners and parents). This allows for an interactive environment for all to get comfortable with the Limu portal.
- Limu provides regular maintenance checks on the system to ensure that the portal runs smoothly.
- Limu staff are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to handle any queries or issues that are faced by users.