Tiger Choir Chronicles
Travis Tiger Choir Weekly Updates
September 4 - September 8
News for Everyone
What Did We Do Last Week?
- We had an awesome inaugural Parent Preview Concert! Thank you to everyone who came out to support!
- All classes are now going full-steam ahead on fall concert music! We worked on the building blocks of various pieces and will be putting them together in context in a few short weeks!
Please continue to make payment installments as you are able.
When you go online to pay, please be sure you select the correct choir fee. Students in Treble Choir (1st period), Tenor-Bass Choir (2nd Period), and Advanced Treble Choir (4th Period) are considered "Non-Varsity." Students in Chorale (3rd period) are considered "Varsity" and should pay the appropriate fee. However, students in a non-varsity class who wish to audition for the All-State process will want to select the "Varsity" fee as it includes the cost of the audition entry.
THANK YOU to our generous Tiger Choir Sponsors!
Support THS Tiger Choir
- Help by purchasing needed items from our Amazon Wishlist posted on the choir website . Each of the items on the list will help us stay organized and support students in their choir success while allowing us to use the budget funds to purchase large items, music, and other supplies.
- Become a Choir Sponsor! If you or your business would be interested in becoming a choir sponsor, please see the "Support THS Choir" page on the website, or email Mr. Miner for more information and how to donate!
- Schoology Assignment Week 4: Record yourself singing the "Ear Training in G" exercise and submit the recording via the assignment posted in Schoology titled "Week 4: Ear Training in G Check."
- Students do not have a schoology assignment this week. They should use this week's time to practice cuts for the District Music.
Parent Preview Make-Up
If your child was unable to attend the Parent Preview Concert, the make-up opportunity will be on Wednesday morning at 7:15 am.
Assignments Past Due
- FORMS are now past due as a completion grade. If you're child has a "0" in Skyward, it is because I have not received their stapled form packet. The late-work policy does not apply to this assignment so as soon as your child returns the completed forms, the grade will be changed to 100. If your child has lost their forms, they are available on the choir website.
- Schoology Week 3 Assignment. The late work policy is in place for all Schoology assignments. Students' lack of planning or technology issues are not an excuse for late work. Students have been reminded throughout the week, and are also welcome to use the classroom iPads anytime before or after school to complete their assignment.
District Auditions Updates
MOCK Auditions take place this week! Practice Cuts were posted in Schoology on Friday. For Varsity Chorale singers this is a MAJOR grade so please check in with your child to be sure they have practiced!
If you don't use Google Calendar, check out the choir website often where events are regularly posted and updated.
Homecoming Football Game
Call time: 6:15 pm
Uniform: Choir Polo and blue jeans.
Students are free to go after kick-off if they are not staying for the game.
Please note that transportation will NOT be provided for this event so please plan accordingly.
Friday, Sep 29, 2023, 07:00 PM
Edward Mercer Stadium, Lexington Boulevard, Sugar Land, TX, USA
- Mock Auditions on Tuesday, September 5 (Soprano/Tenor) & Thursday, September 7 (Alto/Bass).
Please continue to remind students that they need to be working on their All-State music. This is a requirement and expectation of ALL Varsity singers.
- We will be using Tiger Time each day to work on the District music. Please remind your child to bring their All-State music with them EVERY day.
- Students will have mock auditions THIS WEEK on September 5 & 7. THIS IS A MAJOR GRADE. Students will be graded on preparedness and overall performance. Practice tracks are posted in Schoology and students have been shown how to find them.