Loopy Learner News
April 29, 2016
SAVE THE DATE! ERES CARNIVAL: FRIDAY, MAY 20TH! YAY!!!!!
Loopy Learners Facebook Page
- It provides information on a central topic.
- It has an introduction that presents the main ideas.
- It uses paragraphs to develop and support ideas with facts, definitions, and details.
- It summarizes information from more than one source.
- It uses linking words that connect ideas.
- It has a concluding statement or section.
Your child is continuing to learn about fractions. He or she is using models to find fractions that name the same amount. Such fractions are called equivalent fractions. Your child is using models, number lines, and number sense to compare and order fractions. We will take our Topic 10 test last next week, or early the week after.
Here is an activity that you and your child can do together.
paper, pencil or marker
Fold one piece of paper into four equal sections. Using a pencil, shade one section. Ask your child to name the fraction of the paper that is shaded. (1/4)
Refold the paper as before, and then fold it in half another time, which will make 8 equal sections. Ask your child to name the fraction of the paper that is shaded now. (2/8)
Ask your child to name the fraction of the paper that is NOT shaded. (6/8)
Have your child name a different fraction that is equal to that amount. (3/4)
This week, we finished our Mystery Science "Flower Power" unit. I have corrected the assessments and they will be going on Friday.
LAST Scholastic Book Order of the Year! Due: May 13th
Friday, May 13th, 8am
1700 Pleasure Island Road
Eagle River, WI
Scholastic books are an excellent and affordable way to build your child's home library. You will find appropriate reading materials at your child's age level. Books also make great gifts for the children in your lives.
There are two easy ways to order Scholastic books:
1. E-mail me at email@example.com to request a paper catalog.
2. Order online. Follow this link: https://orders.scholastic.com/GK9JK On the parent page, register for a free account. When prompted, enter our Class Activation Code below. This ensures that your order is sent to me.
CLASS ACTIVATION CODE: GK9JK
Thank you in advance for your orders!!!