Artist Marketing Newsletter
deezer close up
- January 18th : Lang Lang
- February 1st : Phil Collins
- February 2nd : Foals
- February 29th : Ghost
Soon to be released (March) : Skunk Anansie and Dream Theater (photos below)
Deezer events & partnerships
First Sonos / Deezer event at Sonos studio on Saturday 16th : solo performance by the French soul artist Sly Johnson ! The performance will be recorded and released as an exclusive content on Deezer.
We addressed 14K fans of Soul in the UK to let them know about the show, and we are expecting local media to cover the event!
Member of Saïan Super Crew until 2007, Sly Johnson then collaborated with artists such as Camille, Oxmo Puccino or Eric Truffaz. In 2010 he starts his own solo career, and with his first album, 74, he becomes a real accomplished soul man !
We are launching an App to offer Sonos/Deezer users playlists to listen in different rooms.
Any tweet with #sonosmyroom will be analysed by a bot and replied to with a focus on a room and a link to our app. 5 Sonos speakes will also be offered as prices.
- Charlie Puth in UK on January 19th !
- Global Twitter Q&A campaign : best questions are selected to be asked to Charlie Puth
- The Hospital Club meet & greet winners will have the chance to ask these questions to Charlie Puth himself !
- Answers will be tweeted with a video the next week
- Charlie Puth in France on January 21st !
- Contest for a meet & greet and access to the Virgin Radio Showcase !
- Twitter contest
Acoustic showcase of The Temperance Movement on Thursday 7th in Deezer offices
- The audio was recorded and we will receive its content exclusively on Deezer
- Partnership with the huge English magazine Kerrang! which will promote it exclusively (a few days before it arrives on Deezer)
It was a great success ! Photos below
- The idea is to organize a contest where fans need to guess the setlist of the band : the one person who guesses it or is the closest will win the contest and have a meet & greet with the band.
- 3 levels of contest : livestream at Deezer / concert tickets / meet & greet
- The resultats will be revealed on the livestream player for all the European zone
- Possible acoustic showcase with Ghost in Deezer offices on February 4th
- Possible acoustic showcase with Baroness in Deezer offices on March 2nd (the band will sign with Qprime, which is the management company of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, or Muse).
- Possible acoustic showcase with Wolfmother (800K fans on Facebook) in Deezer offices in April
- Possible Scream my Tweet campaign with Winston
- Sofar Sounds : possible partnership in the UK
- Negociation with Thinkers PR for a new event in Soho : 45min gig with priority to Deezer suscribers to come and watch Live music in their lunchtime
- In talks with filming companies about costings for making a small documentary aboud bands on tour
- In talks with Sony and Universal about getting tickets for giveaways for both UK and WW tours
Deezer Live Events
- January : In talks with PIAS about Bury Tomorrow – new album released on January 29th
- February : close to securing John Grant, with possible Close Up or a Sing my tweet video
- March : possibly Mystery Jets
- April : Awolnation – Deezer Session