The Puma Pride
October 28, 2019
Halloween Parade Information- * NEW PARADE TIME & ROUTE
Dear Willow Dale Parents/Guardians,
On Thursday, October 31st, the Willow Dale Elementary School Halloween Parade will be held.
This year, the entire school parade will take place beginning at 9:15 AM if the weather is clear. The reason for the change in time is to ensure the safety of all who participate and to allow for ample parking for visitors. Parking will be available at Log College M.S. (Auditorium side of the building).
- Costumes depicting any violence, blood or horror as seen in the movies, news or comics are not permitted.
- Weapons of any kind, including metal, plastic, wood, and cardboard, are not permitted.
- Costumes should reflect age-appropriate characters
If you do not wish to have your child participate in the parade or classroom activities that follow, please write a note to your child’s teacher. Your child will be excused from the festivities and provided an alternative activity not related to this event.
We request that students in kindergarten to fifth grade wear their costumes to school and bring in a bag with their name and the teacher’s name marked clearly on the bag to store their costumes and accessories for transport home. After the parade, students will be provided time in the classroom to undress out of their costumes and store for safe transport home at the end of the day. Further information will be provided by the homeroom teacher.
In order to help ensure the health, safety, and well being of all our students and staff, the following procedures will be followed:
- Parents/Guardians and community members that plan on watching the parade will do so along the parade route.
- We ask that parents and community members also do not wear masks as all faces need to be visible.
- The parade will begin promptly at 9:15 AM as students walk in a single file line out the side doors, on the east and west sides of the building. The classes will parade along the blacktop/recess yard twice, and back into the building. Parents and visitors will line up around the recess yard. We will have staff available to provide directions. Feel free to bring lawn chairs.
Classroom parties will take place beginning at 2:45 PM. Homeroom Captains will be the only visitors permitted in the classroom during the party time. This is for the safety of all children and staff, and to maintain order within the building. Only room captains who are assisting classroom celebrations will be permitted into the building beginning at 2:15 PM.
If the weather conditions are poor and the parade needs to be canceled, a decision will be made by 8:00 AM that morning and will be announced via School Messenger and the Willow Dale Elementary School website. In the event of a cancellation, the parade will not be rescheduled. To prevent any unnecessary damage due to the weather, costumes should not be worn to school if the parade is canceled. Students will still have their scheduled classroom activities at 2:45 PM.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these procedures. Our concern is for the safety and well being of all students, staff, and visitors. We hope this is an enjoyable day for everyone.
Photos From the Week
2 Hour Delay Schedule on November 1, 2019
October Rotation Calendar
Halloween Party Information- Donations
Thursday, Oct. 31st, 9-11am
720 North Norristown Road
Halloween Party Donations:
- Parents who are donating food or other party items may drop them off to the office by 11:00 AM clearly marked with the teacher's name, room number and grade.
Since the children will just finish lunch, please limit party food.
· Water only
· Baked good (cupcakes OR cookies OR donuts, etc.)
· Crunchy (chips, pretzels, soft pretzels)
· Non-edible items like pencils, stickers etc.
***Please check with your child's teacher or Room Captain to check for students with food allergies
Two- Hour Delay- November 1
Friday, Nov. 1st, 10:45am
720 North Norristown Road
- Students report to school by 10:45 AM. Doors open at 10:25 AM
- Bus stop times will be approximately two hours later than the usual time.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served on the two-hour delay day. Students will not have recess.
Joe Corbi Order Pick- Up
Monday, Nov. 4th, 5:30-7:30pm
720 North Norristown Road
Election Day - ALL SCHOOLS Closed
Tuesday, Nov. 5th, 7:30am-3:45pm
720 North Norristown Road
Chuck E. Cheese Fundraiser
Tuesday, Nov. 5th, 10am-9pm
1661 N. Easton Road, Warrington, PA 18976
American Education Week Parent Visitation Schedule
More information will be coming home from your child's homeroom teacher.
- Grade 2 -9:05-10:05 AM
- Grade 1- 9:15- 10:15 AM
- Kindergarten- 9:15-10:15 AM
- Grade 3- 2:00-3:00 PM
- Grade 4- 9:15-10:15 AM
- Grade 5- 2:00-3:00 PM
We look forward to seeing our families!
Willow Dale Craft and Vendor Show
FEAST (Feeding Everyone at Special Times) program for the holidays
Science Explorers, an outside organization, will be offering a variety of science experiences for Willow Dale K-5 students. Click here for more information.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Visitors to the school must enter the school’s front foyer (white doors) and ring the bell, located next to the door that leads to the main office. Once buzzed in, our fantastic staff will be happy to serve you!
- Visitors must obtain a visitor’s pass from the main office.
- All visitors to the building will have his/her photo identification card scanned through the Raptor system to ensure everyone’s safety. Please make sure you have your driver's license or state photo ID card available upon entrance. The system was upgraded this year, therefore ALL visitors must present their driver's license when they enter the building.
- Visitors or parents may be escorted to their room where their business or volunteer work is being conducted.
- Students are requested not to bring guests to school unless permission is granted in advance by the principal.
- Forgotten books, lunch money, lunches, etc. should be left in the office. We will see that they are delivered to the student.
- If a parent or designated adult is picking a student up from school early, photo identification is required to release the student.
Thank you very much for helping us maintain a safe school for our students and staff!
Children who attend school regularly make the best academic progress, graduate, and go on to successful post-secondary education and/or careers.
Students, who arrive late (after 8:45 am), must report to the office for a late slip. Parents should accompany tardy students to the office to sign in the student.
If your child is going to be absent, please notify the school to let us know.
SUBMITTING ABSENCE NOTES
Attendance Notes can be Submitted Electronically via email at WDAttendance@centennialsd.org. Please know you will still receive automated phone calls (to the primary phone listed in Skyward) if you have not submitted an absence note via email on the days your child is absent from school.
**Absence notes must be submitted within 3 days of the student's absence, otherwise, the absence will be recorded as unexcused.
E-Mailing Attendance Notes
- Parents with children in Willow Dale may e-mail attendance notifications/notes to the following address: WDAttendance@centennialsd.org
- E-mail notifications are encouraged on the morning of the absence day. However, e-mailed absence notes may be sent on the day following the absence.
- When sending an absence notification please include the following information:
- Child's Name
- Child's Grade
- Child's Homeroom Teacher
- Date(s) of Absence
- Reason for Absence
- Contact Phone # for Parent/Guardian
- Other Pertinent Information
- While you may still continue to call the school on the day of absence, a follow-up e-mail or a written note is still required for the absence to be excused.
SCHOOL SAFETY DRILLS
We will practice fire, lock-in, lock-out, and weather emergency drills. These drills may or may not be announced. Unannounced drills more accurately indicate the preparedness of the school and the effectiveness of safety procedures. Your child's teacher will review the exercises and procedures with their classes. Please make the teacher aware of any concerns regarding your child's participation in the safety drills.
The Warminster Director of Emergency Management Services and the Warminster Police Department will be invited to observe our drills and provided feedback for improvement.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Perkins or Mr. Julius.
Family Trips Scheduled During the School Year
Dear Centennial Families;
The Centennial School District Board of School Directors approved Policy 204.1, Family Trips Scheduled During School Year.
Although the scheduling of family trips during the instructional year is not encouraged, the Centennial School Board recognizes that students may benefit educationally by accompanying their parent(s)/guardian(s) on trips. The revision to the policy will allow the schools to approve up to five (5) days instead of three (3). Any trip beyond five (5) days will need the approval of the Superintendent.
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) who are requesting approval for a family trip need to complete and submit the attached form to their building principal at least two (2) weeks before the trip.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Perkins or Mr. Julius.