ACC MATH 5&6 WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
January 20-23, 2015
- ACC math 5&6 class took their first Quiz. The scores will be on FSA-connect on Tuesday(January 20) afternoon. I will send the scanned quiz pages to each family by e-mail.
Many of you have asked how you can support your student’s learning at home. Here is an important way you can do that.
Go to www.learnzillion.com. LearnZillion is a website that provides teachers and parents with video lessons showing what your student needs to learn each year. The lessons include a 3-5 minute long lesson video, downloadable slides, and other resources for practice and assessment.
When you get to the site, type the lesson codes into any search bar on the site that I will provide for you. The codes will bring you directly to the lessons for your student. Your student can watch the videos alone or with you. You may have your student take notes while watching for the following sections:
· What is this lesson about?
· Mistakes to avoid
· The main thing to learn
Let me know if you have any questions.
Lesson Codes for this week;
1) LZ2527 (Relate positive and negative quantities)
2) LZ2475 (Relate positive and negative quantities; apply to elevation)
3) LZ2550 (Relate positive and negative quantities; apply to bank balance)
4) LZ1140 (Find absolute value using a number line)
5) LZ1142 (Describe negative values with words)
6) LZ1143 (Interpret absolute value in real-world situations)
7) LZ1144 (Use a number line to understand how while the value of a negative number decreases, its absolute value increases)
- Math tutoring will be on Thursdays between 3:35-4:20. If you like one-on-one tutoring please contact me. I will try to arrange my schedule.
Please make sure your child is properly dressed every time they come to school!
....I CAN STATEMENTS....
- I can understand and use positive and negative numbers to represent quantities in real-world situations.
- I can name the opposites of number
- I understand absolute value as a distance from zero in real-world situations.
- I can compare absolute values of positives and negatives to determine which number is farther from zero.
We will learn:
January 19: (MLK day) NO SCHOOL
January 20: Homework packet 2 DUE
January 22: 100th Day of School
January 27: HW Packet 3 due
January 27: Chapter 1&2 TEST
February 6: 3rd Quarter Progress Report
February 13: School Dance
February 16: Presidents' Day - NO SCHOOL