すいようび - Suiyoubi - Wednesday
わしょく が すき です か。
わしょく が すき です か。(Washoku ga suki desu ka) asks the question "Do you like washoku?" わしょく (washoku) is a style of traditional Japanese cuisine.
わしょく is made using local, fresh ingredients that are in season. A traditional わしょく meal typically consists of a soup (such as miso), cooked rice, a main dish and two smaller side dishes.
A great deal of care and attention to detail goes into the presentation of a traditional わしょく meal as aesthetics are very important. The meal should be as beautiful in appearance as the food itself tastes. You'll also notice that the portion sizes are smaller than a traditional American style meal.
Upcoming Culture Cafe!
Kudos all around to the following students for perfect scores on their Lesson 9 writing assignments:
Keep up the great work!!
なに が すき です か。
- なに が すき です か。 asks "What do you like?"
- なに が きらい です か。 asks "What do you dislike?"
(Remember, the question word なに asks "what?")
Here are some potential answers to these questions:
- すし が すき です。(I like sushi.)
- フットボール が すき です。(I like football.)
- さかな が きらい です。(I dislike fish.)
- ハンバーガー が きらい です。(I dislike hamburgers.)
Begin Lesson 11 Today!
- Start working on Lesson 11 today and be sure to submit your Lesson 11 writing assignment tomorrow.
- Have you been working on your EOC project? No matter if you have or have not started yet, I challenge you to take 15 minutes out of your day today to work on your EOC project. Make it happen today! ^_^
"My success just evolved from working hard at the business at hand each day." -Johnny Carson (television host, comedian, writer, actor)