By: Taylor and Ally
There are about 3.407 million as of the year 2013.
official country name and capital
The country name is Uruguay and the capital is Montevideo.
Currency (exchange rate)
1 Uruguayan peso is equal to 0.041 of U.S dollars
Significance of their flag
There are nine horizontal strips alternating white and blue, the canton is white with the sun of may on it.
Uruguay can be described as constitutional, presidential, and a republic
Cultural activities and entertainment
Ciudad vieja, or old town, is the historical section of Montevideo.
El Cabildo is Montevideo's most famous' museum.
You can view the street art in Montevideo.
Food of Uruguay
- Pasta; regular noodles and sause like in the U.S
- Asado which is like American barbecue
- Chivito is a sandwich with steak, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and mayo.
- Palacio Salvo is a major landmark in Uruguay known for its stunning views and beautiful weather.
- Canelones, which is a spectacular city located in the middle of Uruguay known for its wonderful restaurants and world famous shopping.
- The Paloma which is a famous and well known resort in northern Uruguay known for its beautiful scenery and family friendly atmosphere.