Partee General News
Partee Elementary Parent Newsletter - September 2021
9/1-9/3 - Iowa Test 2nd grade only
9/6 - Happy Labor Day! Student/Teacher Holiday
9/10 - Progress Reports Issued
9/14 - Digital Learning Day - Students learn at home
9/14 - District IV Area Board Meeting
9/17 - KONA Ice @ Partee 11:00-1:00
9/21-9/23 - CogAT Assessment 1st, 2nd, and 5th gr. students
9/28 - Picture Day
9/30 - School Council Meeting
We have had a great kick off to the new school year. August went by very quickly and was filled with positive learning experiences for our students.
This month our 1st, 2nd, and 5th grade students will participate in the 2021 administration of the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT). Testing will begin on Tuesday, September 21st and will conclude on Thursday, September 23rd. Although no studying or preparation is necessary for this test, the following recommendations should help your child do his/her best each day:
· Get plenty of rest
· Eat a healthy breakfast
· Be at school on time
· Be prepared (glasses if needed)
The district has scheduled 6 Digital Learning Days (DLD) this year. The first DLD is September 14th. Students will learn from home and our staff will be engaged in professional learning and planning lessons collaboratively with their team. Teachers will post asynchronous assignments on eClass for students to complete. Prior to the first DLD, teachers will show students how to access their assignments on eClass. Please let your child's teacher know if you have any questions.
As always thank you for your continued support.
""Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success" - Henry Ford
School phone number: 770-982-6920
School Hours: 8:20 AM-3:20 PM
Early check out: For the safety and security of our Generals, early check out will not be allowed after 2:30 PM. You must show ID and be listed as one who is approved to check the student out.
Please adhere to the procedures for car rider drop off and pick up times.
Drop off - 8:20 - 8:45 AM
Pick up - 3:20 - 3:40 PM
* Parking in the bus lane is not permitted, even at the end of the driveway.
Should a decision be made to cancel school, students, parents, and staff will be notified via School Messenger of the closing and if the day is a Digital Learning Day. Please also check the local news stations for any school closing information.
District IV Area Board Meeting @ Berkmar High School
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
This year all GCPS students will have access to breakfast and lunch at no charge; however, the number of students who qualify is used to determine school funding each year. It is very important that our families complete a new free and reduced lunch application every school year. If you would like a paper application please come by the front office.
Free and Reduced Lunch Application - Due October 21st
5 Star Generals Spotlight
Would you like to share some positive feedback for an experience you or your child encountered with one of our Faculty or Staff members? Please feel free to submit your experience or send a shout out below.
September is Attendance Awareness month
When your child is absent from school, please make sure that you send in a note explaining the absence, when your child returns to school. Please inform the teacher when your child is out of school.
Looking Ahead- October 23rd-31st Red Ribbon week. The activities will be posted on the school website for that week.
The Parent Center
The 2021-2022 school year is off to a great start! You are your child’s first and best teacher, and we support you in your efforts to help your child receive a quality education. The Parent Center is designed to be a welcoming, safe place to find support, information, and advice. We’re all about bringing home, school, and community closer together to strengthen student learning and development. Think of us as a resource center, available to give you information and materials to help your children learn.
If you have concerns and need additional resources, please contact the Parent Liaison, Ms. Deborah Bridges.
4th and 5th Grade Girls Mentorship Program
Partee Elementary announces a new Youth Girls Mentoring Program, Ladies of Legacy (LOL) of the Legacy Driven Foundation, for 4th & 5th grade girls at Partee ES. Two educators, Crystal Reynolds & Tonya Merl will be the Youth Directors. They are also 4th grade teachers at Partee. They both had a vision, presented it during our meeting and I'm elated to be apart of the ACTIONS they take while coaching our young girls to greatness!
Thank you Mrs. Clowers & Mr. Benson for the opportunity to serve the young girls in the community!
To read more about this program, click HERE.
Instagram: @ladiesoflegacydriven (Follow Us)
Have You Signed Up for the Parent Portal?
2021-22 School Council
The School Council will meet 4 times per year to share and discuss school related topics such as assessment results, programs offered, instructional expectations, and other topics that may be of interest to the members.
From the Clinic
Parents: Thank you for your contributions to the clinic through My Payments Plus. With approximately 700 students and 100 staff, we are always in need of supplies. Feel free to donate any of the following throughout the year: band-aids, alcohol swabs, cotton balls, baby wipes, ziploc bags-sandwich and quart sizes.
- If your student has a medical condition that requires treatment at school, please contact the clinic at (678) 344-4406 to find out what paperwork you'll need to complete.
- Per GCPS policy, medications need to be dropped off and picked up by an adult only.
- Masks are required in the building.
Reasons To Keep Your Child Home from School
Please keep your child home if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Please notify the school immediately and contact your health care provider for guidance.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever >100.4 or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste of smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
"Too Sick For School" adapted from CHOA: Children/adults with the following symptoms should be kept home until the symptoms go way for a full 24 hours* (without the aid of medication.*Count the 24 hrs. from the last vomit/diarrhea episode, or from the time the fever breaks):
- Diarrhea (3 or more in a 24 hour period)
- Vomiting (3 or more episodes in a 24 hour period)
- Fever: Greater than 100.3 F if child has other symptoms, or Greater than 100.4 if child has no other symptoms
To prevent the spread of illnesses:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with inner elbow or with a tissue. Always wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Do not share personal items, such as drinking cups, utensils, clothes, combs and brushes because they may contain germs that can make you sick.
- Visitors are not permitted at this time during lunch.
- Birthdays can only be celebrated during lunch. We now offer ice cream for $1 per student. You have this option as a way to celebrate your child's birthday and other students in the class. Ask your teacher how many student's are in the class. No balloons, stuffed animals, etc. please.
For the safety and security of all students, please try to keep afternoon transportation consistent. In the event that changes are needed, please do the following:
- One-day change: Write a note and attach a copy of your driver's license. Requests can be delivered by the student, faxed to 678-344-4400, or emailed to Partee.Transportation@gcpsk12.org. Please call the school by 2:30 to verify that the request was received.
- Temporary Change (minimum of 5 days): The parent or guardian must come in and complete a "change of transportation" form in the front office.
Looking Ahead -October Events
10/1 - Falcons Friday
10/7 -10/11 - Fall Break - No School
10/12 - Students Return to School
10/20 - Digital Learning Day #2 - Students learn from home.
10/20 - Parent Teacher Conferences - more information coming soon
10/21 - Early Release Day & Parent Teacher Conferences more information coming soon!
10/23 - 10/31 - Red Ribbon Week