Mountain View Elementary School
Proud Home of the Eagles
"Educating Today's Learner, Developing Tomorrow's Future"
Mountain View Elementary is a Rockingham County Public School that serves over 500 Pre-K through fifth grade students. We are located on the western side of Rockingham County, just outside the city limits of Harrisonburg, VA
We welcome all parents, students and volunteers that come to help us educate our children. We ask that all visitors report to the office immediately after entering the building. Please sign in at the office and receive a visitor’s tag to wear while you are in our school. This is for the safety of our teachers and students!
- We believe children should construct their own knowledge through authentic experiences.
- We celebrate the uniqueness of each child and believe all children should encounter success in their school program.
- We recognize that each child has the right to develop as an individual as well as a member of the school community.
- We are intentional about building partnerships with parents, businesses, and community members.
- We believe that a collaborative effort must exist between parents, students, and teachers.
- We believe that all students need the opportunity to experience music, art, movement, and literature in their educational program.
- To carry out this mission, Mountain View staff, students, and parents will work together as partners to ensure that each child has the opportunity to achieve excellence.
Mountain View serves the population of students who had attended Mt. Clinton Elementary School, which closed at the end of the 1999-2000 school year. Redistricting also brought students to Mountain View who had previously attended Pleasant Valley, Ottobine, and John Wayland elementary schools.
During the second phase of the redistricting process, students from Linville-Edom and J.C. Myers elementary schools joined Mountain View. Approximately thirty Mountain View students were redistricted to Ottobine for the 2009-2010 school year.
Mountain View serves four year old at-risk students through grade five students. In addition to the regular classrooms, there are several classrooms that serve students with special learning needs. Resource teachers address the needs of students in the areas of art, music, physical education, guidance, second language acquisition and information resources. Mr. Drew Miller is the current principal.
Finding Mountain View
- Head North on North Main Street toward Court Square.
- Take the first left onto Court Square.
- Turn left to stay on Court Square.
- Take the first right onto West Market Street/US 33-W.
- Continue to follow US 33-W about 2.7 miles.
- Mountain View Elementary School will be on the right.