English Landing Health & Safety
Back To School Special Edition-2021
Our Number One Priority
Health Guidelines For Students And Staff
Students and staff should screen for these symptoms each day:
- Fever or chills
- According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a fever is 100.4 or greater
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- frequent hand washing, use of sanitizer, use of gloves
- visitors will wash their hands upon entering and exiting the health room
- masks will be strongly encouraged
- proper PPE will be worn if necessary
- cots, chairs, and other surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between staff/student visits and throughout the day as needed
- custodial staff will clean and disinfect as part of their regular cleaning routine
Basic Building Procedures
Students will eat lunch at assigned classroom tables. A seating chart will be created to help with contact tracing if needed. Students will be spaced out as much as possible.
For the safety of our students and staff, visitors will not be allowed in the building during the school day. Only school district employees are allowed to enter English Landing Elementary during school hours. Unfortunately this means no lunch or classroom visitors-even on the first day of school. If you need to bring something to school or talk with our nurse, one of our administrative assistants can meet you in our lobby and assist you.
Please see the updated 5 Pillars of Safety included below for more details.
A Few More Things
- Please send a reusable water bottle to school with your child.
- Please be patient with us as we navigate through another unusual school year.
- Please contact us if you have questions or if your child is struggling.
- If your student is directly exposed to someone with COVID, our school nurse will contact you. No news is good news!
- For more detailed information, please refer to the Health and Safety Precautions on our district website: Health and Safety Precautions
- For more detailed information specific to English Landing and our elementary schools, please click on the file below.
- PTA is allowed to purchase individually wrapped snacks for holiday parties.