Celebrating 27 Years!
at The Thinking Center
What Do We Do?
Build Your Own Menu of Services to Meet Your Child/Teen's Needs
1. Remediation of basic and comprehensive reading, math,
handwriting, writing skills and fluency
2. Homeschool Florida Virtual School support & management
3. Subjective tutoring and specific homework practice
4. Educational consultations
5. Achievement and cognitive testing for academic interventions
6. High stakes testing interventions
7. School and program placement for children/teens at risk
8. Child/teen advocacy, coaching & mentoring
9. School based advocacy and consulting for IEP
(Individual Education Plan)/504 plans
10. College prep and application for student athletes, artists,
11. Creative Arts for Mental Health Growth
12. Music Training
13. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & ADHD Coaching
Who Do We Serve?
Who We Are!
Amy is a graduate of Oxford College of Emory University (1984), Emory University (1986), Georgia State University (1987) with a Teaching Certification, and a Master's from Wilkes University (2014). Her passion for teaching began long before any formal education. She fondly remembers setting up her dolls in her playroom and conducting a classes in reading and writing. She credits her teaching career to her own love of learning, her compassionate, patient teachers, and her mom, dad and grandparents.
Amy's teaching career began in Dekalb County, Atlanta, Georgia. A year later, she moved to St. Thomas, USVI and taught at All Saints and then Antilles School. Hurricane Hugo was the tipping point to moving back to the states where she settled with her husband, Steve. The Thinking Center was born in 1991 to give families hope for their children/teens. Over the years, Amy has also developed schools, camps and social programs throughout Sarasota county.
Amy continues to be a grass-roots innovator and creates roadmaps to ensure kids/teens and their families have the support team to meet their needs. It is important that "kids know that they are heard. We have to ask the right questions to find meaningful solutions." She is a reading and fluency expert, advocate, motivational speaker, educational coach and crisis manager. Most importantly, she helps families navigate the educational system and problem solve solutions that fit their needs. Her motto, "It always works out."