Third Grade Weekly Update
April 16-20, 2018
April 19- Future Ready Day – Wear college/military/career shirts on Report Card day!
April 20- Earth Day Assembly in the Garden – everyone invited!
K, 2, 4 - 8:00 A.M. 1, 3, 5 - 8:40 A.M.
April 27- Northwest READS – Friday at 9:00 am. We need ONE reader per classroom. Talk to our librarian if you can help!
April 30- Legacy Walk – Seniors from NISD high schools that attended JES will walk the halls in their caps/gowns on Monday at 8:30 am.
May 14 and May 15- CLOSED Campus for STAAR Testing
May 14- 3rd Grade Math STAAR Testing
May 15- 3rd Grade Reading STAAR Testing
What We Are Learning This Week
- How can I use partial products to solve two digit by one digit multiplication problems?
Below is the multiplication song for students to learn their skip counting! This is a great song to listen to at night or in the car. Open it and save it for easy access!
District Reading CBA #4 on Thursday
- How do you provide text evidence when answering questions?
- Why is that important?
- How do you set reasonable goals and achieve them?
- How can you improve your narrative writing?
- What is an elaborative detail and why is it important?
- How do you build suspense in your narrative?
- We are using our vocabulary time to work on using context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words.
- No quiz this week.
- How do animals and plants adapt to their environments to survive?
- How does camouflage help animals survive?
We are working on financial literacy as it aligns with economics.
- What is financial literacy?
- How are credit and interest connected?
- What is scarcity?
- What are some examples of planned and unplanned spending?
Registration for 2018-19 is OPEN
Help us gauge student enrollment and teacher staffing by registering your child for the 2018-19 school year.
If your family will be relocating over the summer, please call the front office at 817-215-0800 so that we can get your child’s records transferred to the new school.
We appreciate all of the family members that have chaperoned a field trip, volunteered as a WatchDOG or party helper, or worked on classroom materials at home. Save the date for Monday, April 30th during your teacher’s lunch time. We look forward to thanking you for this support!
Tuesday, May 1st form 5:00 – 6:30 pm.
Share this with neighbors or friends that have students that will be 5 years old by September 1st. There is a link on our website for what documents are needed for Kinder Round Up.
Book Fair coming!! - Buy One – Get One from Scholastic Books for three days in May!