The Rossman Report
Principal Sternberg's Family Newsletter - 10/8/2021
We have had a full week of learning and growing here at Rossman. Thank you for all you do to support your student - academically, socially, and emotionally - at home. If you have concerns, please connect with us. A strong home-to-school partnership is essential for student success!
The smiling students pictured below were awarded the Principal Spotlight this week for exemplary character, excellence in the classroom, and leadership among their peers. Congratulations Ayla VanVankenburg (Kindergarten), Rosalie Johnson (1st grade), Liam Patterson (2nd grade), Callie Reese (3rd grade), Teddy Davis (4th grade), and Lucas Webster (5th grade). We are proud of you!
Families - please look for information on the following topics in today's newsletter:
- Upcoming Dates & the October Calendar
- COVID-19 - Information & Protocol
- Links to community opportunities and activities
- PTO Corner
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teacher or call the school office. We are happy to assist your family, address concerns, and connect you to resources.
It's an honor and privilege to serve Rossman Elementary students and families.
Mrs. Emily Sternberg
Rossman Elementary Principal
Congratulations PRINCIPAL SPOTLIGHTS!
October 12 -- School Pictures for Grades K, 1, 2, 3 - Click on this LINK to prepay for pictures
October 13 -- School Pictures for Grades 4, 5 - Click on this LINK to prepay for pictures
October 21 & 22 -- MEA Fall Break - NO SCHOOL
October 28 & November 4, 4:00-7:30 PM -- Parent-Teacher Conferences
**Look for QR code links to online sign up forms next week
**Conferences will have either in-person or virtual option
October 29 -- Class Halloween/ Fall Parties - Teachers will share more information
November 3 -- Early Release - 2:00 PM Dismissal
DLPS COVID-19 Information & Protocol
- COVID Test Kits Information: COVID-19 rapid test kits received from MDH will be mailed out next week to each elementary student in the district. If you have children attending Lincoln Ed Center, the Middle School, or High School, we will be mailing those test kits out as soon as the shipments are received.
- Parents, please monitor your household for symptoms. Use the COVID Screening Tool and keep your students home if anyone in your household is ill
- Please read the DLPS District Quarantine Guidelines
- Check for regularly posted updates on the district COVID-19 website
- DLPS is closely monitoring active COVID cases within the schools. See the District Covid Dashboard for the number of positive cases, and the District Matrix used to make mitigation decisions.
- Rossman Elementary Students in Quarantine:
- Students will be provided materials and resources to continue learning while quarantined
- Teachers will work with families to communicate and connect with students in quarantine
Links & Information
Parents - Get Involved at Rossman!
- ART MASTERS - Parents, it's not to late to Sign up to volunteer for Art Master's! Email email@example.com or call the school office for more information
- Join the PTO! Check out the PTO Corner below for more information
Activities & Opportunities for ALL Students:
- Before/after school SAIL Program Information & Registration
- Becker County 4-H Lego League
- DL School of Tae Kwon Do
- Minnesota Flyers Gymnastics
- Children's Dental Services is a non-profit dental office with portable equipment brought to churches and schools. All insurances are accepted as well as a sliding payment scale for those without insurance. CDS schedules regular visits to Detroit Lakes. Parents are urged call call for an appointment 612-746-1530 and complete a consent form prior to services.
Need a ride to activities?? Call Becker County Transit 218-847-1674
Information about Rossman PTO:Next Meeting - November 1 @ 4:00 PM in the Rossman Collaborative Space
Purpose - To support the community of Rossman Elementary
Fundraisers - Butter Braids in the Fall; Pizza in early Spring. Funds are used to support field trips and special events, as well as provide extra funding for teachers and classroom.
Family Connection - The PTO plans family events at Rossman to help foster a strong home-to-school connection. PTO also supports new families in acclimating to the school community. If you are new to Rossman and would like to be connected with a mentor family, please contact the school office.
Staff Appreciation Activities - On several occasions throughout the school year, PTO provides a meal or snack as a gesture of appreciate to teachers and staff. These events always lift spirits and strengthen our community!