5th Week of October/1st Week of November
Dear Moraine Families,
This edition of the Raft includes:
- School-Wide Family BINGO Board coming home on Monday
- Parent Learning Session led by our Parent Lighthouse Team - Nov. 9th at 6:30
- Halloween Costume and Parade Information
- Pictures from GLOW week and more!
- Northville Youth Network classes available
- Is a Staff Member Making a Difference? NEF Super Subs for November now Open!
Be well and talk soon,
Principal, Moraine Elementary
Teaching for Learning for All!
School-wide 7 Habits Family BINGO!
We are excited to share an opportunity for your family to practice the 7 habits at home with a family BINGO game. The best part is your child can help Moraine earn a school-wide BINGO celebration while applying the 7 habits at home. A BINGO card and 6 chips (cardstock) will come home for every child on October 30th. A BINGO is five finished activities in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line. All the activities would be a full card BINGO.
Directions if your family participates:
Choose a square to complete with your family.
Fill out a BINGO “chip”. Be sure to circle the B*I*N*G*O for the column and the HABIT number for the square.
Turn in your finished “chips” which will be hung up on the Moraine BINGO board in the hallway.
Celebrate a personal BINGO with your family!
If you take a picture of your BINGO activity, please send it in for our School BINGO board.
Halloween Parade Info!
Halloween celebrations will take place at Moraine on Tuesday, October 31st, with our parade through North Beacon Woods beginning at 9:30am. If you are signed up to volunteer at your child's classroom party, you need to have a current ICHAT form on file by October 24th. Students can either wear their costume to school or be able to put it on over their clothes to avoid congestion in the bathroom areas.
Please follow these guidelines when planning your child's costume:
- Please make sure the costume is weather appropriate (students will go outside for recess)
- Students are responsible for their costumes not causing a problem during learning time.
- Face make-up, hairspray, etc. must be applied at home.
- No fake weapons of any kind are allowed at school.
- No fake blood and no scary costumes (if it would scare a kindergartener, please don’t wear it!)
The Halloween Parade route will take us outdoors and therefore, will only take place if the weather cooperates. There is no Plan B if inclement weather. The route will take us through North Beacon Woods.
IB Lunch & Learn, K-5 parents
K-5 Parents/Guardians - Please join us on November 28th, 12:00 at Northville High School for a Lunch & Learn focused on our International Baccalaureate Programme in Northville Schools. IB strives to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect, alongside a healthy appetite for learning and excellence. MYP (Middle Years Programme) is a curriculum framework which supports all students grades 6-10. Both Meads Mill and Hillside middle schools are accredited; therefore, each student is considered an MYP student.
Come learn more about the IB Programme and have your questions answered. Dr Sandra Brock, Director of Instructional Programs & Services and Dr. James Davis, IB Coordinator and teacher at Northville High School will begin the presentation at 12:00pm at Northville High School. A parent panel will also share their experiences with the IB Programme.
Lunch will be provided but seats are limited, registration available and required to attend. You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of this registration form to confirm your seat.
Questions can be emailed to Tanya Pitkin, email@example.com
Inclusion Week T-Shirt Design Contest!
We are happy to announce we will be doing a Tshirt Design Contest for Inclusion Week 2024- Design Entries are due November 21st!
This will be open to all Early Childhood/ Elementary and Middle Schools-- We will have the high school students be our voters! This can be done with classes, groups, individuals- however you choose!
Inclusion Week TShirt Design Entry Form designs are due November 21st!
Please Help Our Yearbook Committee!
We are asking for all parent participation on photo collection this year! If you have a moment, we ask that you please use the following links to upload photos to be used in this year’s yearbook*.
- 5th Grade Capitol Trip: CLICK HERE
- Heritage/Victorian Festival: CLICK HERE
- Fall Fling: CLICK HERE
*Please note that all photos used in the yearbook will be double-checked for students who cannot be printed in our yearbook via parent requests submitted through Moraine.
Updates from the Moraine PTA
Please find attached an information flyer about our Penguin Pledge, which is traditionally the PTA’s main fundraiser for the year. The flyer provides a lot of insight of how much money the PTA spends annually for Moraine and how your contribution helps make everything possible! As always, we appreciate your contribution to helping the PTA continue supporting Moraine through its 22 committees. Click Here to contribute!
NEF Thank A Staff Super Sub Edition - November Drawing is Now Open!
The Northville Educational Foundation Thank A Staff Super Sub campaign is rolling into November with a brand-new drawing, and we can't wait for you to be part of it!
Here's your chance to amplify the appreciation for your favorite NPS Staff Member through the Northville Educational Foundation’s Thank A Staff Super Sub campaign, proudly presented by Michigan Educational Credit Union! Whether it's a teacher, para pro, food service, admin, ed tech, operations, or someone at the front desk – if they deserve a shoutout, now’s the time!
How does it work? Simple – a small donation puts your nominee in the running for an afternoon off, an amazing goody bag from Michigan Educational Credit Union, and a personalized Certificate of Appreciation! And the best part? We're keeping the excitement alive with fresh opportunities to win every month.
Let’s keep the momentum going as a community, showing our gratitude and support for the remarkable teachers, staff, and students who make our district shine! Get all the details and nominate your standout staff members for the November drawing right here!
Northville Youth Network
NYN Wellness Wednesday's are back! Check out our Fall Preview, along with our October programs and register today: bit.ly/nynwellnesswednesday23-24 . These programs support the physical, social, mental and emotional needs of students in our community. See flyers for more details!
School Lunch Orders Must be in by 7am!
SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
The Northville Public Schools provides a breakfast and hot lunch program for interested students.
Families must preorder lunches for preschools and elementary students. Orders must be in by 7am for all students for breakfast and lunch. The system will not allow you to order after the time listed above. For your convenience, meals can be preordered up to 30 days in advance. To avoid any issues, we recommend ordering the night before.
- All students that may qualify for free or reduced lunch should still fill out the form as they will receive additional benefits. You can find a link to the application in the parent portal or on the district's website under the Food Service tab.
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions surrounding the Free Meals Program this school year.
- Lunch and Breakfast menus are available online through Nutrislice.
- Pre-K and Elementary students:
- All students must pre-order breakfast through Nutrislice. (Instructions on how to place an order through Nutrislice)
- Make sure to include your student number when ordering and choose the correct teacher.
- ALL ORDERS ARE DUE BY 7AM THE DAY OF, *this is a change from last year. You can order up to 30 days in advance.
- Breakfast will be served in the classroom during the school day (not before school).
- If your student wants milk only, this is NOT free. Students must pay for the milk separately.
- Pre-K and Elementary students: