Wren Elementary ---November 16, 2015
This week, we will be collecting cans for the annual Clemson/Carolina Food Drive. Every year, we look forward to collecting these items and helping others while having fun with the annual rivalry game. Even if your team doesn't win the ballgame, they could win the food drive and help others. Please send in whatever you can to help. Make sure your child knows which team they'd like to support :).
- This week's Captain of the Week was Graydon! Way to go, Graydon!
- The Scholastic Book order has been completed and should arrive very soon. Thanks so much for supporting our class by purchasing and enjoying books with your child.
- We finally got to go to the "Big" playground and enjoy our reward for filling our class popcorn jar. Friday was a beautiful day for extra recess on the playground and the students loved it! We are working for ice cream sundaes next :).
- The 8-week Reading Challenge has been a great way to spend time with your child while helping them learn literacy skills. I'm excited that The ASD1 Literacy Coordinator decided to do this. I've sent home the last two challenges for you to have time to complete at your convenience. ALL challenges must be completed and returned by 11/27 for your child to be eligible for prizes. Thanks again for your participation!
- Thursday, December 3 from 6-8 pm will be the next Skate Night for Wren Elementary. The cost is $3.
- Don't forget that you can go to the My Big World link and see the digital magazine with your child. Here is the link: http://clifford.scholastic.com/ The password is Catsteak702
- We will not send a newsletter for the week of Thanksgiving because it is a short week. Please feel free to call, text, or e-mail anytime.
- Thanksgiving Holidays are November 25-27.