5th Grade Chalk Talk Newsletter
5th grade- 9/20-9/24
Reading- Colonization (13 colonies)
Skill(s): Middle Colonies
- Compare and Contrast
- Main Idea and Details- Annotating Skills (RACE)
- Paragraph Writing (Topic Sentence, Details and Closing Sentence)
- Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences
- Friendly Letter
Math: Chapter 2- Fractions, Decimals and Percents
- 2.7 Estimating Percents
- 2.8 Percent Word Problems
- Chapter 2 Test
- Spelling List 8: Will be dictated on Monday and Tuesday
- HW will be sent home for practice.
- Phonograms: OPR and WPR, Friday test
- Handwriting Focus: letter formation, size and utilizing baseline, midpoint and top-line. Handwriting will be assessed Friday.
- Spelling Test for List 8 will be Wednesday, Sept.22nd
*Quizlet.com is a useful tool to help students study for the Greek/Latin Root vocabulary tests each Friday! Search the ‘root’ and students can study with a variety of online games and activities!