WEEKLY WILDCAT NEWSLETTER
NOVEMBER 29-Dec 3, 2021
RENAISSANCE MIDDLE SCHOOL
PRINCIPAL- AVA WILLIAMS, WILLIAMSAL1@FULTONSCHOOLS.ORG
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL(GRADE 6), PRISCILLA BRANCH, BRANCHP@FULTONSCHOOLS.ORG
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL(GRADE 7), ANGELA HAGANS, HAGANSA@FULTONSCHOOLS.ORG
ASSISTANT PRINCPAL(GRADE 8), MELISSA ATKINS, JONESME@FULTONSCHOOLS.ORG
DEAN OF DISCIPLINE(GRADE 6-8),
DELARIUS MARSHALL, MARSHALLD1@FULTONSCHOOLS.ORG
- NOVEMBER 22-26: THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS, Schools Closed
- DECEMBER 17: Last Day of First Semester
- DECEMBER 20-31: Winter Break, Schools Closed
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: All conferences are virtual until further notice. Please contact your scholar's instructor or grade level counselor to schedule a virtual conference: 6th Grade Counselor- Benqueshya Milligan (firstname.lastname@example.org), 7th Grade Counselor- Davon Rainford (email@example.com), 8th Grade Counselor- Ronnie Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- RENIASSANCE MIDDLE SCHOOL DAILY SCHEDULE: The school day starts at 8:55am and ends at 4:05pm. Early checkout ends at 3:30pm each day. It is important that we maximize instructional time with our students.
- COVID-19 UPDATES:
- We realize that many parents desire a virtual option, but that is not a decision that RMS makes, it is a district decision. Currently, Fulton County is not offering a virtual option outside of our full-time virtual school, Fulton Academy of Virtual Excellence (FAVE). FAVE is currently full at this time and students who attend FAVE must withdraw from their current school to attend.
- Please continue to follow our most important safety guidelines: wear a mask, keeping your child at home if they are sick or experiencing any symptoms (seek medical advisement when necessary), wash hands frequently and as always, reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
- Fulton County Schools encourages all eligible students (12+) to get vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus.
- Please use the district link created to monitor COVID cases at each school https://www.fultonschools.org/coronavirusreport
- For easy access, you can also use the link below to report any student related COVID-19 issues. COVID-19 related issues include students testing for COVID-19 for any reason, being exposed to or having direct contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19 or students testing positive for COVID-19 themselves. Parent (Student) COVID-19 Reporting Portal
- Please contact our front office if your scholar is quarantined due to COVID-19, 470.254.4330.
- OUTSIDE FOOD POLICY: Please be reminded that Fulton County policy remains the same regarding outside food and homemade items. Outside food (this includes Uber Eats, Door Dash, Grub Hub, Postmates, etc.) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Also, students are not permitted to bring outside food, for sale or distribution, for any reason. This includes homemade meals/dinners, treats, birthday cakes, prepackaged items, and meals provided by delivery services like those listed above.
- Any violation of this policy will result in these items being confiscated by school officials and held until further notice or discarded. Violation of this policy is also a Tier II offense in our student code of conduct and could result in disciplinary action. I know this may sound extreme, but the overall intent is to keep our students safe. Several students have food allergies coupled with the fact that outside items may be compromised.
- Students may certainly bring their own lunch from home for their individual consumption but must not share with other students. However, please do not send food to school for your child using any services like those listed above.
- MITIGATING STUDENT CONFLICT: Parents as always, we need your partnership. Please talk to your students about reporting any conflicts that have occurred or potentially may occur, immediately to administration. Our goal is always to avoid student conflict and focus on student academic and social growth. Additionally, please continue to encourage students to use social media appropriately and not to create or instigate conflict. No student can afford to miss any instructional hours because of verbal or physical confrontations. I also encourage parents to reach out to us with any potential issues that you become aware of. Thank you again for your partnership!
- BUS INFORMATION: Our district transportation department has placed all bus information on the Fulton County Schools website. I placed the link below and you simply type in your address, and it will give you all route information along with pick up and drop off times https://edulogweb.fultonschools.org/livewq/webquery/
Please visit our website for more information and to access our virtual sessions! Session links will be updated at least 24 hours before each session.
RENAISSANCE MIDDLE SCHOOL
THE WILDCAT PLEDGE:
As a Scholar at Renaissance Middle School, I pledge to be Respectful, Responsible and Ready as I fuel my passion by charting a path to my purpose!
Find Their Purpose & Fuel Their Passion
Renaissance Middle School prepares students to achieve their dreams by charting a path to their purpose
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:55am-4:05pm