Chemistry Of Life
Kathleen Skye , Joe
- When water is attracted to other water molecules it is called Adhesion
- When water is attracted to water it is called Cohesion
- Water is polar due to unequal sharing of electrons.
- Water molecules are in the shape of Mickey Mouse
- Water is commonly used to store thermal heat energy.
- Pure water has a pH very close to 7
Macromolecules are large molecules , Four Types : Carbonhydrates , protein , nucleic acid , lipids . They all contain carbon . They all consist of structure & all three contain storage
- Carbohydrates are among the most abundant compounds on earth.
- they are broken down into five major classifications of carbohydrates,which are monosaccharides, disaccharides,nucleotides.
- The function of the carbohydrates is to provide energy for working muscles ,providing fuel for the central nervous system