AP French Theme 6 Beauty and Aesthetics
Theme: Beauty and Aesthetics / L’esthétique
• Architecture / L’architecture
• Contributions to World Artistic Heritage / Le patrimoine
• Ideals of Beauty / Le beau
• Literature / Les arts littéraires
• Music / La musique
• Performing Arts / Les arts du spectacle
• Visual Arts / Les arts visuels
On what does our perception of beauty and creativity depend?
How does the idea of beauty influence our everyday life?
What arts reveal the different perspective of various cultures?
Demonstrate knowledge of vocabulary and grammar needed to communicate about aesthetics of fine arts, and performing arts (painting, music, literature, architecture, theatre, film, etc.)
Compare and contrast various artists, authors, actors (US and Francophone)
Read and discuss (orally and in writing) plays, stories, poems and editorials about various art forms
Present and converse with one or more students about your favorite artist.