Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
September 25, 2019
This Saturday we will be the blessing animals, as a tribute to St. Francis of Assisi, who is the patron Saint of the animal kingdom. Were he living today, he would be an environmentalist, a good steward of creation.
Many a little child, and some adults have asked me the question, do animals go heaven?
I have always hedged my answer. I have been with people at the Vets' office and we prayed as the pet left this world. I once answered a frantic call from a woman who asked me to pray for the healing of her dog. I once did a memorial service for a cat. We all sat around the
urn and said nice things about the cat and its owner. I was hesitant to pray for the soul of the departed but no one seemed to mind.
From the looks of the cartoon, we should be praying for the people trying to get into heaven instead of pets. Why?
THEY ARE MORE LOVING THAN WE ARE !!
Bless somebody today!
Mark your Calendars - Pet Blessing - September 28th @ 10:00am - 901 Park St
Please Join Us:
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—1st Wednesday each month
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office